Monday, January 08, 2018

Scrappy Friends Quilt Top

Before I took sick I was able to finish my quilt top from the New Year's Day mystery over at Quiltbug. It's called "Scrappy Friends" and measures 46.5” x 66.5". 
I prepared a backing and binding while I had all the batik fabric out, so it's all ready for pin basting and quilting. I'm thinking of quilting diagonal lines in pink thread!
Thanks to Kris for a fun day and a great quilt pattern!
To see more design wall projects, hop over to Small Quilts.
Now if only I could recover from this terrible flu and get back in the sewing room, I could make some more progress on my Ringo Lake blocks.
Linking up to Sew Fresh Quilts...go see Lorna's new adorable foxy quilt pattern!

15 comments:

SandraC said...

I love how the stars are moving diagonally through the quilt. Hope you are better soon 😘

Mary said...

Feel better, you need all the Brain power to assemble blocks without having to use the 'frogger'. Ask me how I know... Great Friendship Star quilt!

Ellen said...

Your quilt top looks fantastic! I think this is a really cute pattern. Feel better soon. :)

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I hope that you get well soon it is a bad bug!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love those red stars in this quilt. Hope you feel better soon

Miaismine said...

Pretty batiks and quilt....so dreamy! I hope you can sleep, rest and heal! Take good care!

MissPat said...

This is so different from your usual projects colorwise, but I really like it. Those pink stars just pop. Feel better soon. Hopefully the warm-up will reach you, too.
Pat

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

this is super-cute / hope you get well soon!

Louise said...

Diagonal line quilting will mirror those diagonal friendship stars really nicely! I hope you feel better soon. No fun to be sick, especially when it's so chilly outside :(

Janice Holton said...

Looks like those little pink stars are just floating and twinkling. Very cute! Best wishes for a quick sick and you're back to normal in no time. :D

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I like it! the stars are really neat!

Karen said...

Scrappy friends using the friendship star block. A good idea. I could see this done with friends swapping scraps and having a fun day.

Julie said...

I love how your mystery turned out! Very fun! Not so fun being sick!

Needled Mom said...

I hope you are feeling better. I love the little "starbursts" created in that pattern.

AnnieO said...

Fingers crossed you are over the worst part! We’ve seen so many people with flu at our office—they are running out of flu medication at the pharmacies. Cute quilt.