Saturday, May 26, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge Finish!

Can you believe I am posting my SECOND quilt finish this week?!?! So exciting! I finished my quilt for the "Wish Upon a Star" blog hop (see it here) and I also just finished "Tied Up In Knots"! This one is a really big finish for me because I've been working on it for 6 years!

The first block was made in January 2012 as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge project. I meticulously cut the 1.5" scrap  squares in the colour of the month for a total of 56 squares per block.  The 12" Knot block pattern is by Tina Curran and was published in issue #3 of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks magazine. 
Finished size: 43.5" x 57.25"



Spring has finally arrived here and the outside world is turning green at last!  When the binding was finished I went for a walk with my sister looking for some photo op locations. This is a fun shot because the first block I made for this quilt was the red one.




It's not very often I get a fancy photo of me with one of my quilts! I'm very proud of this multi-year effort, from the graduated arrangements of the colours within each block, to the challenge of machine quilting the blocks and the diamonds in the sashing, this finish has been a long time coming! 



Thanks to Angela for hosting the weekly Rainbow Scrap Challenge and to all my blog readers for the encouragement to stick with this thing over the years. And thanks for celebrating today with me! So pleased to be posting this finish over at the RSC weekly link up.

27 comments:

Ariane said...

This is a beautiful quilt. I love all the rainbow quilts and this one is amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

julieQ said...

Every time you have posted your blocks, I have admired your quilt!! And this time, it is all done. Yahoo for you!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Beautiful outdoor shots of a beautiful bright and rainbow-y quilt. Congratulations! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

You found a great place to take pictures of your finished! quilt! I have admired each block of this quilt as you made them. Great finish!

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on a huge finish. All those years of perseverance have really paid off. The photo of you with the quilt is a perfect way to celebrate your accomplishment.

vincenzo126 said...

Wahoo! Wonderful finish! Great "fancy" picture!
-Jean💟

Laura said...

Congratulations on your terrific finish!

Rose Marie said...

Sweet quilt! Bravo to you! Another finish and another UFO done and off your list.

Deanna W said...

Another one is finished...excited for you!! Your photo op locations are great...loving those red chairs. Wonder what is next on the agenda!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a beautiful quilt, Kathy! I've really liked seeing the blocks as you've worked on it. Congratulations on your finish!

Janice Holton said...

congratulations on a wonderful finish! 6 years! Wow! That makes it that much more gratifying of a finish. Are those red chairs yours? What a great place for a quilt photo! Did you change your header? I adore that Jim Shore figurine!

Chantal said...

Congratulation Kathy!! It was worth the effort because it turned out awesome. Double congratulations on your second finish of the week. You're on a roll I think. Go for it!! ;^)

AnnieO said...

Looks terrific! Congratulations on your years of effort paying off with a pretty prize.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Beautiful finish, love the photo of you in the gazebo with your quilt.

Louise said...

It's gorgeous! I immediately thought how lovely the ombre/shading effect is in each color and wondered how you did that. Didn't realize it was all squares and not strips of color. Wow, so much work and SO worth it :)

Congrats on this wonderful finish!

Janet O. said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish. I remember when you started this one. It turned out so well!
Love that final shot of you with the quilt. :)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow another great quilt. It is fabulous.

Lyndsey said...

A very beautiful quilt and I love the photo of you with your quilt.

MissPat said...

I have always liked this quilt so I'm glad to see you've finished it and that you are pleased with it. Great photos too.
Pat

Mari said...

Great finish-- congratulations! And some lovely "beauty shots," too. I'll bet it feels amazing to get that old UFO out of the closet. Lovely!

Miaismine said...

Congratulations on a great finish! Two finishes in one week-awesome!

Jenny said...

Such a lovely finish and it is so nice to see a photo of you!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Congratulations, this is a beauty! Two quilts in a week, wow!!

Angie said...

Congrats on your beautiful quilt! I'm tickled to have been able to see this quilt from start to finish!

Kristin said...

Congratulations on a fantastic finish!! I absolutely love this quilt and every time you share it, I've thought--- ooo! I should do one, too! xoxo

Sue McQ said...

What a terrific idea to model your beautiful quilt. Thanks for the inspiration.

beaquilter said...

Awesome quilt!