Friday, August 26, 2016

Sort of Circa 2016

Well last week's Circa 2016 block went right off the rails over here! It was the rail fence block and it just did not appeal to me. It looked too big for this project, and I got the brilliant idea to make a smaller block since that worked out so well for me last week. But once I got started I had trouble with the math, and started slicing it up, and it didn't turn out anything like a rail fence. I didn't love it, so didn't make another one like it! We were supposed to make 3 rail fence blocks, so I will have to make up 2 more blocks somewhere along the way.


Here is a small sampling of some of the blocks I've made so far for my Circa quilt. 
Pop over to Temecula to see what we're supposed to be sewing this week.

7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I like the blocks you pieced, I think it is cute. Your blocks are so cute. How big is the quilt going to be when all the blocks are completed? Blessings, Gretchen villacrestfarm@gmail.com

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I will probably repeat a few of the other blocks (that I love) to replace some of those odd ones. Being there is four sides and a double row setting around, that won't be a problem.

Janet O. said...

You know, my experience with sampler quilts has always been that I don't like the single rail fence block--whether 3", 6" or 12". I know on some quilts I let it ride, but on the last sampler I had to replace it. Just never seemed to fit to me, so I understand what you did here. I like the 36 patch you ended up creating. : )

Vic in NH said...

The pink and brown squares are really pretty and they fit the mood perfectly; good job!

Dolores said...

Transposed a couple of numbers in the title? I like your tenacity in carrying on.

Mary said...

Good job. I need to get mine done.

Kate said...

Those are some really small squares!