Friday, September 29, 2017

Big Friday Finish!

It's such a great feeling to reach a goal that you set for yourself! Today I am patting myself on the back for finishing my UFO of the month - Tetris. 
This project was a quiltalong over at Happy Quilts in 2012. 
Yes... this quilt began 5 years ago!
The free pattern is still available on Melissa's blog - click here. And you can see other variations of the Tetris quilt at the link up here.


I added the letters to the top of my quilt because I love making letter blocks. I tried to make the letters look "boxy" in keeping with the Tetris theme.

If you check the UFO lists on the right hand side bar of my blog, you will see that the Tetris quilt has been on every list since 2013! 



And now I am so happy to be declaring this quilt to be "DONE"! It's a great feeling of accomplishment!
To see more Friday Finishes, hop over to Crazy Mom Quilts. And to see the September finishes over at One Monthly Goal, click here.

21 comments:

Lyndsey said...

A great finish. The quilt is so bright and cheerful that you can't help smiling. I wish I'd added the letters as it finishes it off nicely. I made a Tetris quilt with this quilt-along. It was the first time I'd taken part in one and found it great fun plus I won a jelly roll which got turned into my Christmas quilt.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing your quilt! It's so satisfying to complete an old project. I made a list of my ufo's this week...I have some work to do!

Linda said...

What a lovely bright quilt. Congratulations on finishing your UFO.

Laura said...

Woohoo! Congrats on a bright and cheerful finish!

Christine said...

Well done, Kathy. Such a good feeling, especially when it was on the list for so long.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations on such a fun quilt - it truly was it's time to be 'finished'

MissPat said...

Congratulations! I don't even know how old my oldest UFO is. I really should work on finishing some thigs, but new shining stuff keeps popping up.
Pat

AnnieO said...

Yay to finishes! Bright and happy no-longer-an-unfinished-puzzle!

beaquilter said...

yay, tetris! it looks great

Deb A said...

Great job! I can't wait to see who gets to take it's place on the list next year =)

scraphappy said...

What a fun quilt. Love all the colors. Now you can find another quilt to put on the list. Careful. You might run out!

Quiltblocksandmore said...

Great finish! Congrats!

Robin said...

Great finish! Adding the words to the top sets the quilt in motion. What are you going to do with it. It is a special gift for someone who loves video games?

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Huge congratulations on being done with such a big project!!

Kate said...

Congrats on a fun finish! And on getting another one off the UFO list.

Mary said...

Yea, you got it finished. My OMG has hit a standstill. I ran out of sashing fabric going Horizontal. I like making letters. Yours fit the quilt.

ES said...

Congrats on another finish! One day we'll all finish every last UFO!! Today I have sewn some scraps together and I'll probably make another zippy pouch, I also found some fabric for pillow cases that I need to cut and sew. It's this time of year when I need to prioritise what I want to get made!

Patty said...

Fun quilt. I participated in Melissa's QAL when it first came out too. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Ariane said...

Congrats on a wonderful finish!! It's beautiful! You must be so happy to have another UFO done.

Kristin said...

Woooooot!!! Way to go!!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

YAY! :) Congrats on a wonderful finish! :)