Sunday, July 09, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching


Welcome to the weekly link up for hand stitchers! Make yourself a cup of coffee or tea and join us in celebrating the benefits of slow stitching!

Because I am finishing up my last Life Is Beautiful block, I put them all up on the design wall to see how it's going to look.
Looks great if I do say so myself!
I decided to do this project in the quilt-as-you-go style, so I am hand quilting each block individually and once quilted, I'll join them together.


I spent time prepping a few blocks for hand quilting this week, so that's what I'm stitching today. This is the first block I embroidered, so it will be the first block I quilt. This is a perfectly portable project for dragging around with me this summer. 


What are you hand stitching today? We'd love to see your project, so link up your blog post below and share with us.


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   




19 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Spectacular ❤️❤️❤️

Gretchen Weaver said...

These blocks are lovely and are going to be a wonderful quilt. What sizeare the blocks?

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wow! I did not realize you had all of the blocks done! You must have been doing a lot of slow stitching behind our backs...LOL! Looking great....I'm looking forward to seeing how you are going to quilt each block.

Jo said...

The blocks are looking great. Great idea to hand quilt them and join later...

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love this project and I am in awe of your perfect piecing.

CathieJ said...

This looks wonderful, but did you really want to leave off the circle on the block that is in the third row, second column or is this the block that you are still working on? I am looking forward to seeing this all together.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

WOW it looks amazing!! :)

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! Enjoy your hand stitching today.

Cathy said...

Congrats to you on moving along to another stage on this quilt. I've never tried QAYG. Interested in how you like it and why you chose to use that method on this quilt.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I love all of those blocks. You are soooo close!

Linda M said...

Life is Beautiful, is a wonderful project it looks beautiful!

Kathy S. said...

Looks great on the design wall. What a great take-along stitching project!

Jill said...

Quilt as you go is a great summertime project.

beaquilter said...

that quilt is looking awesome!!

Kath said...

I am looking forward to seeing how you quilt this lovely project.
Today my slow stitching is embroidering the words Merry Christmas!

Monica said...

Your stitchery quilt is looking fantastic, Kathy! And a take-along, QAYG hand quilting approach sounds perfect, too. :D

Deb said...

I love the idea of quilt as your go for your blocks, the quilt layout is great, love all those hand embroidered blocks too.

Miaismine said...

I'm so excited to see this wonderful project coming together! Of course hand quilting is the way to go with this beauty! Congratulations on your great progress!

Nell's Quilts said...

So nice to get to this final stage. It looks wonderful.