Wednesday, April 05, 2017

April's UFO

My UFO focus for April is the Scrap Vortex. This quilt was started 2 years ago and inspired by a quiltalong at Crazy Mom Quilts. It's such a fun technique for using up scraps and after teaching the improv class in Paris last month, I've been stoked about finishing this quilt.



Here are the tasks:

1) fixing the top 3 things about the quilt top that aren't quite right for my eyes.

2) piecing a scrappy border and attaching it to the quilt top. 

3) spiral quilting using the Crazy Mom Quilts tutorial. It only makes sense that since Amanda Jean started this quilt, I'd use her fabulous quilting idea too!

4) piece and add a scrappy binding. 

Can all this be done in one month? Well, my regular blog readers know that my goals usually exceed my available time.  Considering that my goal for last September took me SEVEN months to finish, I'd say I have a severe case of "delusional doability" (a perfectly coined term I learned from Elaine Therault)!!
Linky up to the April Goal link up and crossing my fingers for a finish within one month!

14 comments:

SandraC said...

I would love to try something like this one day!

Denise :) said...

"Delusional Doability" ... what a great phrase to coin! I think it's rather fitting for my entire life. LOL! I love your scrap vortex...can't wait to see what you are able to finish with it this month (or next)! :)

Barbara said...

I love "delusional doability". I'm a sufferer...big time.

Janet O. said...

I know you could do it if there were no other distractions in life--yeah, right. Like that is going to happen!
Delusional doability is my new favorite phrase. So fitting!!

Mary said...

It all depends on how large the Quilt is on how DO-Able your goal will be. We are all guilty of Delusional Doability. Sometimes it takes Twice as long as we hope! Thanks for sharing.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

This is such a fun quilt. I think the spiral quilting will be the perfect finish!

Laura said...

Ha, ha! severe case of "delusional doability" I love it! No doubt, because I frequently represent it! :)

maggie fellow said...

cute little nemo in the "V" says just keep swimming and it will be done.

Deanna W said...

Delusional doability.....now that is a good one! I think most quilters have that problem. Right now I am feeling a little overwhelmed trying to get projects done, quilts quilted and program deadlines met! YIKES!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Progress comes in its own time. Best of luck with Scrap Vortex!!

Edith said...

Uncross your fingers and start those steps. The thing I like about goals is that even tho' I don't always achieve them, they get me going in the right direction. However you are so close, I believe you can do it. I'll be checking back at the end of the month.

Teresa Rawson said...

I LOVE scrap vortex...THAT is my kind of scrappy quilt! Good luck with your goal, then I will come and steal it!

Patty said...

Such a fun quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts and good luck on your project.

Kate said...

This is such a fun quilt. Even if you don't get it all done, making progress counts for a lot too. Good luck this month.