Sunday, March 05, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to the weekly hand stitching party! If you need a reminder of the numerous benefits of stitching, click here. Slow stitching is good for your health, so give yourself a mid-winter boost and pick up your stitching project!
This week I finished the second last embroidery block for my Life is Beautiful project. To my surprise, I enjoyed stitching all those little strawberry seeds. And I'm ready to dive into the very last block.
1 year of stitches February
I've also been putting a few stitches in my "1 year of stitches" project. I lost interest in it in February when I realized I accidentally didn't stitch the colours in the correct order of the colour wheel. It should be purple violet on the left, then blue, and green. Remembering that the goal is to put stitches IN every day, not to berate yourself for doing it "wrong", and then take the stitches out, I eventually decided that it was just going to stay the way it was as an "object lesson" for me. Intuitive stitching is sometimes hard for perfectionists!
You can see some of the beautiful February embroidery projects at Brown Paper Bag

What are you stitching today?
Link up your blog post below and please share your slow and imperfect progress! 

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

15 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

The strawberries are adorable as is the Love stitching!

CathieJ said...

I like your Life is Beautiful block. Now I am craving strawberries.

The Cozy Quilter said...

All those little strawberry seed stitches were very much worth the effort! Looks great! I can't believe you only have one more block to embroider.

Jill said...

I would have shied away from the strawberry seeds also. The colorway in Year of stitches looks fine to me. Yes, it is more important to stitch everyday instead of perfection.

Kathy S. said...

Love those strawberries. Great saying to go with it. Keep on stitchin'. Have a good weekend.

Teresa said...

Pretty blocks and I love the saying with the strawberry one. Speaking of color wheel, reminded me of something I had done in the past. I had given some fabric to my adult daughter and realized I needed just a snippet of several of the fabrics to finish a project. She had them all sorted out by color in plastic shoebox containers - the clear plastic ones. So, I got my snips being carful to the fabrics back in the correct boxes, and put the boxes back on the shelves. My daughter came in to see how I was doing and started rearranging the boxes. I asked her why, and she said "I keep them in rainbow color order!" And people say I am organized, haha.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

today it will be a rainy morning - I will finish a hexie and finish sorting through fabric and maybe do some cutting - is that considered "slow" I wonder - I am cutting from templates :)

Deb said...

Lovely little strawberries, and the piece for the 1 year of stitches is wonderful, I'm working on that project in different ways just keeping up with the daily stitch.

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

So close to finishing your Life is Beautiful blocks! I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Suzanne said...

Your stitching is always beautiful!

Sarah said...

Those stitches look good enough to eat! One more block to go. Yay!

Sarah said...

I think I meant to say those strawberries look good enough to eat! Lol😁

Miaismine said...

I so enjoy seeing your progress on your Life is Beautiful blocks. The 1 Year of Stitches looks really interesting! Thank you for sharing and for hosting the party! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are so good 💖💖

Kate said...

Both projects are looking great. Hope you enjoyed your slow end to the weekend.