Tuesday, March 07, 2017

One Monthly Goal

panel #3
According to the calendar March has arrived, and the first week is almost over! I cannot even believe that February passed without me making a single effort to work on my designated UFO of the month
Not one stitch. Nada. Nothing. 
I got totally distracted with other projects, and did finish my Valentine 9 Patch UFO from 2014, so I'm happy with that accomplishment. Also I attended a retreat, and perhaps had too much fun there, thus not doing the actual sewing and finishing of projects that I had intended to do! 
This weekend I got the backing pieced, and the batting cut, and have just started to pin baste the layers together.
Finally progress is being made!
Seriously, March is the month of International Women's Day and I really want my Votes for Women quilt to be a finished quilt. So, I'm making that my goal for another month yet again
To see the March UFO goals, hop over to the One Monthly Goal link up.

13 comments:

Kristin said...

Good luck with your goal! You can do it!!! :)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Quilting should be fun, not a chore. Work on what inspires you, you'll get it all done eventually. The Votes quilt looks very labor intensive, so go easy on yourself.

Deanna W said...

Glad to know I am not the only one who seems to think time if flying and I am not accomplishing all that I want.It can't be because we are getting older so what is it!?!?!

HeatherK @ A Reformed Heath'n said...

I know how some projects drag on no matter what we seem to do =) Good luck!!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Haha--I can sympathize with being distracted by other things! It looks like you are on your way to meet the goal this month--good luck!

Janet O. said...

I'd say the Valentine 9-patch could fill in nicely as your February OMG. After all, it was a UFO, and you finished it! Give yourself credit wherever you can. : )

Missy Shay said...

It is very easy to get distracted, however you did finish an UFO so congrats on that!

Raewyn said...

I get distracted oh so easily as well - and it sounds like your distractions were all good! Good luck with your goal for the month!

KaHolly said...

Good luck! What a great goal! Distracted? Every day!

Deb A said...

You crack me up! I'll finish mine if you finish yours. Up for the challenge?

Edith said...

This will be so lovely finished and you'll be so happy, you can do it.

Kate said...

Good luck with your OMG for March. Sounds like you've got a jump on it for this month.

Patty said...

March is the month you'll make it happen! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.