I have looked at it again in person and on the computer screen, and I think the layout is right at this point. Feel free to tell me if you think there is a twisted block... I'd rather know now than after it's quilted!
I did not put the blocks on the design wall before sewing them together. I sewed one test block first on my Sweet Baby Jayne 1964 Singer Featherweight (which still sews like a dream). Then I attached a muslin square to approximately half the blocks.
Then I started to construct the blocks in a 9 patch fashion. The only criteria was "no repeated fabric within the blocks". After all the blocks were sewn, they went on the design wall.
It was a little tricky to get all the blocks going the right way, and the seam ripper was used on numerous occasions. You know how it goes... put the blocks on the design wall, take them to machine, sew them together, press the seams, put back up on the wall, locate the mistakes, unsew those seams, and repeat.
Thanks to Cindy at Hyacinth for the layout design and to Barb for hosting such a fun swap which resulted in these 80 wonderful broken dishes blocks.
To see more design wall posts, hop over to Patchwork Times.