Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The Bear is Back!

And here he is on the design wall in all his glory!
This is from Lorna's MOD Bear quiltalong.
I think my fabric choices were all a bit too similar in value and kind of mush together. However it might be perfect for a camouflage effect, and so I'm going to say I did that on purpose. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! 

As I was sewing the bear I got an idea for some improve pieced blocks which might be fun as part of the bottom border. I'm going to work with my idea this week and see if it works out. I think this is the finished size of the inside of my bear quilt, plus there are a few more borders to add including a paw block border. 
I'm linking up today to Let's Be Social over at Sew Fresh Quilts. I hope there will be other bears prowling around over there!

14 comments:

Heide said...

Lorna has great patterns. Your bear paw quilt is awesome. Love that bear!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think your bear looks great I have one of Lorna's patterns but have not been able to get started on it still - I just have to get on the ball and finish some things!!

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. I'm loving all of the bears that I am seeing.

Lisa J. said...

It's looking awesome!

Aunt 'Reen said...

I agree - your Bear quilt is looking Awesome!
I look forward to seeing where he takes you next.

Laura said...

Your bear looks great, Kathy! I've chosen to make a large bear quilt (I must be crazy!) and I've still got about 20 bear paw blocks to make. Slow and steady...I'll get there.

Janet O. said...

So cool!! I LOVE this!

Mary said...

I saw another Bear this morning on my Blogroll. You're getting it done. Lots more hsts in your future. Happy Wednesday.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I haven't even started the Bear blocks. I'm almost finished making the HST's for mine (just need to tear the last papers off).

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love yours!! I think it looks awesome!!!

Ariane said...

Your bear looks amazing! I'm loving this quilt.

Kate said...

This is such a fun pattern. Beautiful brown bear (say that 3 times fast)!

Lorna McMahon said...

I love that your bear blends in! And I can't wait to see your improv blocks. So glad you are quilting along, Kathy!

Barb said...

neat pattern!