Sunday, August 21, 2016

Slow Sunday Stitching



This is the tale of the embroidery block that took most of the summer of 2016 to complete ... talk about SLOW stitching! It travelled to Goderich, Port Elgin, Montreal, and Killarney, and still wasn't finished. This photo shows part of the reason for the delay... amazing weather for other activities like canoeing, kayaking, and camping. You can't be stitching when you're supposed to be paddling, and the sun is going down!


Here is the block in progress partially stitched on the shores of Lake George. We were camping and the scenery and weather was glorious.



Life Is Beautiful block #27

And finally here is the block which I finally finished after we arrived home. This one is definitely not one of my favourite blocks ... I despise chaos and have no interest in embracing it! But it was an interesting block to stitch with all those circles, and it holds many wonderful summertime memories.
I'll be prepping the next embroidery block today.
What are you hand stitching? If you have a needle and thread in your hand today, we want to see what you're making!  Link up your blog post below and share your project.

   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

17 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Awesome view... Beautiful stitching 💖💖

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I would find it hard to stitch with those beautiful views of the water in front of me too :)

Kathy S. said...

Love all those circles. The weather does look glorious! Glad nice memories were made.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a beautiful lake you are on I don't think I would be stitching if I were on it, I'd have the camera out instead :)

maggie fellow said...

Boy do I need more practice in stitching..yours is so lovely

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That is a wonderful block, with such great fun over the summer it is no wonder that you wanted to be outside!

Kaja said...

It looks like you've had a great summer - stitching can wait until autumn.

Cathy said...

Tough choice...paddling or stitching!

SandraC said...

Funny how words can mean different things to different people! When I did my "chaos" block it made me feel like I have power over the chaos in life.

Judy D in WA said...

Such a beautiful place to attempt stitching. :)
Your block is fabulous. Your stitching is always soooo good!!
Chaos and drama--no thank you very much.

Deb said...

I just finished one of those most of the summer blocks, for many reasons you pointed out some days the scenery or activity takes front and center. Love your block.

Turid said...

I love that little ladybird stitchery.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I can see why you were distracted from your stitching! Another wonderful block for yOur quilt!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Pura Vida Kathy!

Raewyn said...

Such a beautiful distraction - sounds like you had a great time and, hey, the block was finished in the end :-)

Me and My Stitches said...

Your block looks great and it sounds like you had a great summer, even if you didn't do a lot of stitching!

Kate said...

You always seem to find great places to enjoy the view along with your hand stitching.