Saturday, August 06, 2016

Scrappy Saturday



The August colour for the Rainbow Scrap challenge is light purple, otherwise known as lilac or mauve or lavender. It's not a colour I know very well, but I do happen to have a few scraps to work with. I started out this month making 2 more scrappy sprout blocks, for a total of 14 blocks.



And here is the garden of sprouts that is growing in my sewing room. They look way better than plants I've grown this year. I totally gave up on my garden this year, so am enjoying my fabric sprouts instead. No rabbits will eat them, no weeds will choke them, and no drought will kill them!
If you would like to sew your own garden, the block pattern is free over at TraceyJay Quilts.
To see more Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, hop over to SoScrappy.

15 comments:

Janet O. said...

I love what is growing here!

SandraC said...

Your sprouts might be my favourite of your Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts!

SandraC said...

Your sprouts might be my favourite of your Rainbow Scrap Challenge quilts!

Deb A said...

These are much prettier than my garden ( very green with weeds but taming it is today's plan).

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Interesting interpretation of the rainbow challenge, and your quilted sprouts are doing much better than my garden too. Very few veggies this year, but at least the hydrangea bloomed.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

growing very prettily!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Rainbow Sprouts are really flourishing in the summer's heat!!

MissPat said...

These sprouts are on my to-do list. I've fallen woefully behind on RSC16. Started too many different blocks then got sidetracked by more pressing projects. I, too, have abandoned the gardens, but with no AC, the house is too hot this year to do much quilting.

MissPat said...

These sprouts are on my to-do list. I've fallen woefully behind on RSC16. Started too many different blocks then got sidetracked by more pressing projects. I, too, have abandoned the gardens, but with no AC, the house is too hot this year to do much quilting.

Pam said...

I love your rainbow garden!

Raewyn said...

I love your blocks and how they are looking together!

Ivani said...

They look good together.

Sarah said...

Your sprouts look great!

gayle said...

They look great! (And the deer haven't eaten them, like they ate MY garden...)

Kate said...

Love your summer garden!