Sunday, June 21, 2015

Slow Sunday Stitching

Welcome to Slow Sunday Stitching here at Kathy's Quilts where we celebrate hand stitching of all kinds. We want to encourage our fellow hand stitchers to keep making slow progress, and to squeeze every ounce of enjoyment you can from each stitch you take. Today is the first day of summer in Canada, which is the longest day of the year. I hope you can get outside today and enjoy every moment of sunlight that you can!
And it's also Father's Day here in Canada. Today we honour our Fathers, and we express our love and gratitude for all the wonderful ways in which they have influenced our lives. 
Here is a recent photo of my father. It's actually a terrible photograph because you only see the back of him, but to me it holds so much meaning. Here is a 75 year old man playing a game with 5 teenage grandsons. How often do you see this kind of a thing? These young men adore him, and make an effort to be together and spend time with him.  To me that speaks volumes about who this father/grandfather is.  I am a very lucky daughter and I know it.


Today I will be adding stitches to my next Life Is Beautiful block. It's perfect for working on today... "the life you live is more important than the words you speak". 
So what are you hand stitching today? Link up your blog post below and share your project with us.
And if you missed out on the "Cozy Afternoon" giveaway earlier this week, click here to enter.




15 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Ah that photo speaks volumes of your father and his relationship with his family and grandsons! :)

scraphappy said...

What a great photo, not for the composition, but for the meaning. Enjoy your slow stitching today.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

That photo does indeed speak volumes about the kind of man your dad is. You are blessed.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Great photo - all are blessed.

Quayceetatter said...

Love your doggie red work!

CathieJ said...

I love that picture or your father and his grandsons. I really like your redwork also. Thanks for hosting the link-up.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your photo is love in action! I will be spending the afternoon and evening with my dad today. Happy stitching today!

Cathy said...

We were just on vacation in Florida visiting my Dad for his 85th birthday and he played dominoes with four generations! Happy Stitching and Father's Day to all Fathers!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

The embroidered dog is so cute! Have a wonderful Father's Day with your family!

Marie said...

What a great photo. Lucky you indeed!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your Dad sounds alot like my Dad! Special indeed! I can't believe that summer has begun and it's already Father's Day! I really need to slow down and get in some slow stitches and enjoy and reflect before the month is over.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

No slow stitching for me today, but, I did go to a quilt show, where many of the quilts displayed, were hand quilted (put on by a hand quilting guild).

Janet O. said...

I love that photo. You are blessed!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I just love your Life is Beautiful blocks. They are so fun and sweet. Great photo of your family too!

Kate said...

Fun that your Dad keeps up with the grand kids. Hope you got in lots of slow stitching last week.