Monday, December 19, 2011

Design Wall Monday #47

On my design wall this week is my Grinch quilt in development.
I have framed the blocks and am now thinking about sashing and layout possibilities. It looks a bit too red and green, so I plan to add in more white for sashings. It will be as big as the fabric I have purchased will allow it to be...how's that for precise planning and calculated decisions!?!?!
This project is just for fun and will be a quilt that I keep, so I have decided to put it away where it won't tempt me to work on it...I have some Christmas projects that need to be finished up this week. 
To see what other quilters are working on today, hop over to Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Becky said...

I love it. White bitty sashing - like shown on the wall, will be treat for these block! How fun

Mary said...

You can let it decorate your Design Wall through the Christmas Holiday. Very Cute!

scraphappy said...

Great looking quilt so far. How fun to be working on a Christmas quilt without the pressure of having it done before Christmas. Bliss.

Janet O. said...

I have fingered this fabric a half dozen times or more at the LQS, but I always resisted. Now I think I am sorry. This is so cute!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

LOL, that is the same thing that is on my design wall right now, except I want to have mine done in time for Christmas to give it to my husband. He wanted a grinch tree topper, and I couldn't find one, so I am making him a grinch quilt instead.

Amy said...

I really like the Dr. Seuss fabrics. I like your design so far. Those blocks sure look cute.

AnnieO said...

Fun fun fun! And who wants to do MATH this close to Christmas, anyway, lol!

Ellen said...

So cute and fun! I have not seen those Dr. Seuss fabrics and if I had I don't think I could resist.

beaquilter said...

WELL DONE!! how do you do the list on the right and cross it out as you complete it?