Monday, June 02, 2008

Hand Stitching Party

Yesterday I hosted a quilter's birthday party with two quilting sisters (whom I met years ago when I did a quilt lecture and some teaching in Goderich, Ontario) and one blog stalker from North Bay - she drove a long way to join in the fun!Here is Barb (whose outfit matches the Carolina Crossroads mystery quilt in the background!), Deanna (blog stalker!) and Louise (birthday girl!) working on their hand stitching projects. It was lots of stiching fun, with an assortment of treats, great conversation, and even treat bags (which were really jars, filled with quilting treats including a plastic thimble, new rotary blade, my favorite thread...so many gifts)! They asked me to pick out a project to work on, and I provided everything they needed except the hoops - they brought their own colourful hoops -pink, purple, and blue.
What a great way to celebrate a quilter's birthday - Happy Birthday Louise!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like fun!

Sweet P said...

A hand stitching party sounds like a wonderful idea. What project did you work on?

Rose Marie said...

Jeepers .... I should meet up with Deanna the next time I'm in North Bay.

Libby said...

What a fun way to spend the day.