Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Finished UFO!

My July UFO is finished and here it is on my brother's sofa! Wow...that's bright!
You can see the red backing, which I also used for the binding.





I quilted lots of leaves on this quilt...
some big, some small, some with veins, some are really wonky. 
It was really fun to quilt and I spent approx. 6 hours on the machine quilting. 
I especially like how the leaves turned out in the gold border.
I decided to try out a different batting called "Legacy Natural Blend" in this quilt, which is an 80/20 batting from Pellon. It quilted up as nicely as the Warm and Natural that I usually use. I did not have many issues with thread breakage or pleating on the back. I wonder how this batting will wash? 
I like how the Warm and Natural shrinks a bit and gives the quilt an antique look, so I hope this batting will do the same thing. 
Hop over to A Lovely Year of Finishes to see the other UFO projects that were completed this month.

8 comments:

Angela said...

I really like your quilt. You did great on the quilting. Nice work :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

A lovely bright finish, Kathy, and with a day to spare!

Deb A said...

Woo Hoo! Great job on your finish and love the quilting you did. Must piece a backing and prep a quilt for quilting so I can cross off another UFO. My list has been feeling neglected.

Ellen said...

Congrats on getting it all done before your deadline! Your quilt turned out great and you did such a good job on your quilting.

Betty Lou said...

Another finish, looks great on brother's sofa. Like the pattern you used.

Janet O. said...

This is a really cheerful quilt--and you got it quilted in a heartbeat!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on a finish! Fun colors, too!

Kate said...

Congrats on the UFO finish. It is bright, but oh so fun.

Hope your brother is doing better.