Monday, April 01, 2013

BeAttitudes is a finished quilt!

March's UFO is DONE!

Phew...that was a tough one!
This is my BeAttitudes quilt (pattern by Nancy Halvorsen).
The blocks were a BOM that I started in 2008, so this quilt took almost 5 years to finish. 
I didn't enjoy the machine applique technique, but I forced myself to finish it, and it will probably be my one and only machine appliqued quilt! 
The machine quilting went fairly quick once I got started.
I don't like how the blocks puff out under the large applique chunks, because I couldn't quilt over the applique (way too thick with layers of fabric, fusible, batting and backing).
But anyway, it's done and I'm so thrilled to have this quilt finished, and to have one less UFO! 
This photo shows the machine quilting a bit.
Maybe I should stitch some rain drops coming out of that watering can?




I have to show a close up of the Easter bunny block because today is Easter, and because it was one of my favorite blocks in this quilt. 
I finished hand stitching the binding today...Easter is the perfect day to finish my BeAttitudes quilt!
To see more finished UFO's this month, hop over to the Lovely Year of Finishes Link up.

19 comments:

Norece said...

I also started one in 2008. Thanks for the reminder to bring it out of the closet and get it finished.

Janet O. said...

Well, it may have been a long time coming, but it finished up beautifully. Congrats, Kathy! : )

julieQ said...

Oh you know how I love this quilt!! Congratulations on sticking with it!

Andrea said...

Good for you Kathy - well worth the slog. I'm not a lover of applique - love the look just don't like doing it. It is gorgeous xx

Missy Shay said...

It looks great and like a lot of work!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Good for you! The quilt is beautiful! Now, the big question...where are you going to hang it?

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I agree about the machine applique. So glad you finished since it is wonderful. Such a good feeling when we finally finish a project! Yeah for you!

Teresa in Music City said...

Just lovely Kathy! Congrats on the finish - and as you say, it is the perfect quilt to finish for Easter!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Yea! A Finish! I have some even older than that one (Oops!)

Béa said...

Well done Kathy, lovely finish & very beautiful pattern.XXX

Linda Lee said...

This is my first visit...I love your BeAttitudes quilt...It is awesome! I have just learned to applique-this may be a little challenging! I am becoming a follower right now!

Diane said...

congratulations on finishing-it's beautiful!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I have always loved this pattern! Wonderful finish!!

Carrie P. said...

Congrats! Love it!

Michelle said...

Wow! Great job! I started that BOM in '07, I think...I don't even remember how many blocks I have finished. I'll have to pull it out and take a look. You have inspired me! :)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It's wonderful!! Congrats on a fabulous finish!!!

Karen said...

Congrats on your finish. I still need to appliqué my BOM. What was I thinking? Yours is beautiful..

Kris said...

Kathy - Congratulations!! Your quilt is darling and it's done!! Woo! Hoo!!

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. It looks gorgeous.