Monday, September 03, 2012

Design Wall Monday #33 - QSQA

I have finally finished my August block for the Quilt Square Quilt Along and here are all my blocks so far on the design wall!
I am delighted with how my project is coming along and think I will try to put a few more touches of the tan and brown fabrics in the last few blocks.
This month's block was a challenge for me because of sewing on a difficult sewing machine, and because when frustrations run high, concentration is low...see what I mean?!?! 
No fault of the machine on this piecing error...do you see the problem??!?
The argyle print is a perfect border for this block and I am very happy with how it turned out.
This has been such a fun quilt along! Thanks to Jo for organizing and keeping us on track, AND motivating us with great prizes! You can see the block parade by clicking here and the prizes by clicking here.
And you can see more design wall blog postings over at Patchwork Times.
***I almost forgot to announce the winner of the giveaway draw from my Bowls with Borders blog hop. The winning blog visitor (as drawn by my daughter) is...
Wendy from Snippets of a Quilter! Congrats to Wendy!***

17 comments:

scraphappy said...

I don't know how you manage to stay caught up on so many projects all at the same time. This one is terrific! Those T blocks are just adorable.

Vivian said...

Wish I had a design wall covered with such great little projects --all done too! Great quilts, each an individual little beauty.
Hopefully your machine problems with be a thing of the past before long. An uncooperative machine can mess with our happy quilting times.

Teaquilts said...

I keep forgetting to let you know that I love your blog header. It's so bright and cherry, making my visit even more enjoyable.

Thelma said...

I never would have selected this family of fabric for this sew along, and even had my doubts when you started, but now that I see all those blocks on your design wall, I love it! Great Job! I'm so happy you noticed that one little piece not cooperating before you got the border on. That's when I usually spot my mistakes!

Denise :) said...

Wow, this is wonderful!! What a happy quilt this will be to wrap up in! :)

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Your blocks are looking great. Glad you caught your error before it got in further. lol

Deb A said...

Love all the blocks together. They look so pretty together. Good catch on the boo boo. I usually don't catch mine until I take the completed picture. My February block kept it's boo boo - so it is very unique (or made by a very lazy quilter!).

Linda Lee said...

I love the colors in your Quilt Along. You are awesome to keep up with so many projects!

Kate said...

This is going to be a beautiful quilt when it's all done. The blocks work so well with each other.

Now I know where I've seen that blue argyle fabric. I bought some when we were on vacation and I knew I'd seen is somewhere before!

Darlene said...

I've really enjoyed watching you make these blocks - they are awesome on your design wall.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks Kathy and congrats to the winner!

AnnieO said...

Such pretty blocks all together, and each separately as well. What a complex set of sewing experiences with all of these! Hope your "good" machine is home now :)

Janet O. said...

I had to look really hard to find the error of which you spoke. : )
I love this cool, summery color combo (I think I have told you that repeatedly). Are you making one large quilt with these? I've read where some are just planning to make them all into minis.

Bonnie said...

Great quilt coming along. It took me a minute to see the T block error. Ooops. Aren't you glad you caught it before it was all sewn together? Wonderful blocks to look at today.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

These look really nice! How large are these big blocks? It would be a great bed cover...love your colors!

Mary said...

These blocks are gorgeous!! I started out with a bang in January and made the first one, but haven't done one since. Yours are making me want to get that back out and get busy.

Wendy said...

I love your blues quilt. I was away when I got your email about being a winner. Our mail system must be worse than I thought, I never did get a package from you. It must be lost in the void somewhere.