Saturday, February 03, 2018

Scrappy Saturday

Purple is the colour of the month for February for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I don't have a lot of purple since I don't generally sew with it. It's one of the colours I don't usually "see".
But coincidentally I am using a purple batik for the binding on my February UFO, so I made that up. It's all ready to go on the quilt which will hopefully be ready for it some time in February.



And I made up a few more blocks for Omigosh. My box of 1" scraps was already out, so I enjoyed adding these 4 purple blocks to the gold ones I made earlier in the week.





And one more little Maverick star was made of the cut off corners from the binding construction. I fussy cut the centre and love the effect.

And now I'm on to cutting and sewing the purple blocks for the Squared Away RSC sampler quilt. Hop over to Mari's for the instructions, and to Angela's for the RSC weekly linkup.

13 comments:

Deb A said...

I hope to dig in and see what purples I have sometime today. First.... we think we might be adding 2 felines to the family. Time will tell....

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

love those omigosh blocks :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've finally purchased the Omigosh pattern. I should have bought it a few years ago, when Sue came to our guild. I have some 9 patch blocks made, but, haven't done anything else. It will be nice (slow) leaders and enders. A lady in my large guild made one, years ago, all by hand. Her hubby always knew what she was working on at her sewing machine, but, she kept these blocks in her purse, and sewed on them while at appts, etc. Took her 2 years. This quilt is the screen saver on my phone (3rd phone now, tells you how long I've been interested in this pattern). Mine is 1930's fabrics & tiny florals.

scraphappy said...

Omigosh looks great in purple. Always fun to see which colors people have lots of. Purple is definitely one of my big bins.

Ellen said...

I don't know Kathy - I see a lot of purple there! ;) One day I think I might attempt the Omigosh but not yet.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those Omigosh blocks are so amazing, and pretty in purple! I don't have a lot of purple either, so I appreciate blocks where I use really small scrap pieces!

julieQ said...

OH My Gosh!! Look at those tiny pieces...love them!!!

AnnieO said...

Tiny scraps! I’ll just watch :)

Cathy said...

Love those tiny pieces of purple and the blocks!

Cathy Tomm said...

I love purple and sew with it as much as I can. Your purple binding is great! love the star and OMG quilt blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Not a bad start to PURPLE month!! Looking forward to seeing what other scraps find their way into blocks.

Kaja said...

Like you I seldom buy/see purple, but when I see lovely blocks like these I wonder why not.

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, la la! Your work is gorgeous,