Monday, May 08, 2017

Design Wall Monday



Grand Illusions is on the design wall today and it's a finished quilt top!

You can see the Quiltville link up party here from January 2015 to see what the original design was supposed to look like. My version went through a few changes, and I'm still not loving how my corners turned out, but I'm calling it done and ready for quilting. 



But first I need to piece a backing. There are a few blocks leftover, including the pieced sashings that I had to remove in order to like the quilt more, so these will be included in the backing. I have Ethel my Singer 301 out and she is getting a good workout piecing all the leftovers into something useable. It's always a fun challenge for me to see if I can transform the remaining yardage into a backing and binding for a quilt.
To see more Design Wall posts, hop over to Patchwork Times.

10 comments:

Jill said...

Congrats on a top finish and pretty it is. I like the contrast in colors that best shows the pattern. I am considering bringing out my Singer 301 for a new quilt project. They sew fast. Have you decided if the top be machine or hand quilted?

swooze said...

You're really moving right along!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very interesting quilt. Nice work.

MissPat said...

I'm always glad to see when someone decides they don't have to make an exact duplicate of a Bonnie quilt, or anyone elses for that matter. Good job getting this one to the next step.
Pat

AnnieO said...

Your changes are unique--and so will the backing be!

beaquilter said...

yay! it looks great

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Kathy - congrats to you on finishing up the quilt. Doesn't it feel nice?! ~smile~
Roseanne

Nana said...

Linked back to see the quiltville version....love yours....great job!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

it looks wonderful!! :)

Cathy Tomm said...

I like what you have done. I also changed mine a bit. The top is done but mine needs quilting.