Friday, April 21, 2017

UFO update

April is more than half over and I am not exactly on track with my UFO goals, but am making progress in the right direction. I was hoping to have the quilt top finished by now and ready for pin basting, in order to be able to finish the quilt by the end of the month. That goal doesn't feel impossible at the moment, but we'll see what progress the next week brings.

There were 3 tasks to do:
1) The areas of the quilt top that needed to be improved (so I could like the quilt more) are now fixed. That task involved tedious unsewing and resewing, but I'm happy with the changes.

2) The scrappy piano key border strips are almost finished.


3) I made 4 scrappy asterisk blocks and they will be perfect for the cornerstone blocks at the ends of the border strips.

Now I just need some time to connect all these parts together into a quilt top!

PS... hop over the Cynthia's blog to see her fabulous colourwash scrap vortex quilt. She pieced it as a leader-ender project... just wow!
PPS... hop over to the Oh Scrap! link up for more scrappiness and thoughts about backings.

10 comments:

SandraC said...

Sounds like you're getting pretty close! This type of quilt is on my bucket list.

julieQ said...

I just love every bit of your quilt...your cornerstones are fabulous!

Lesley Gilbert said...

I've seen a few versions of the Asterisk block but not one like yours, using a scrappy background - what a good way to get rid of some unwanted fabrics, in a nice way of course :)

Deanna W said...

Go go girl!!! You can get it finished.

Barbara said...

It's all looking great. Lots of time left in the month. You've got this!

Janet O. said...

Those cornerstones are going to look marvelous! Great idea!!

Kate said...

Sounds like you've made good progress. Even if it doesn't get done, that's still a lot to be proud of.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that scrappy asterisk block! What size does it finish at?

PaulaB quilts said...

Your asterisk blocks are clever. It looks like you cut up your scrap pieces for the triangles. Works well with the low volume strips. Keep up the good work!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thanks for sharing my scrap vortex quilt. I love the letters you put on yours. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!