Friday, March 24, 2017

UFO Machine Quilting

My March UFO project is finally seeing some major progress this week. In truth, this project has really been my "UFO of the month" since last September - sad, but true!  The third and last panel of Votes For Women was pin basted the first week of the month and since then the quilting has been coming along well. 

First I put the walking foot on my sewing machine and stitch in the ditch to stabilize the edge of each block. 



Then I change to the free motion foot and make up a stitching design for each block that has the longest continuous line of quilting I can think of. It's a fun challenge to make a different design for each of the 14 blocks in the panel that I am quilting.
I anticipate being able to sew the three panels together next week, with a possible finish in sight. I am trying not to get too excited!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on all the progress. Some quilts just take longer to get out of the UFO column. Looks like you are getting really close on this one.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looking good! Progress is definitely being made on this one.

Janet O. said...

Why not get excited?!? I know I would be. : )

Marie said...

Beautiful - just love that first block!

Laura said...

Go ahead...get excited! :)

Missy Shay said...

It is looking great!

Deb A said...

Woo Hoo! Great progress on this and looks like a finish might happen before the end of the month.