Thursday, August 18, 2016

MidMonth UFO Report



Progress is being made on machine quilting my Triangle Stars quilt.  I have completely quilted half of the quilt and still have almost 2 weeks left in the month to finish the quilting and get the binding done. It's looking good for a possible finish this month!

I am free motion quilting both sides of every triangle seam and for the most part it is going well. I have had a few issues with tension since I am changing the thread colour when quilting in the stars and don't always remember to check the tension with each new thread change.
The result is this kind of effect with the top thread peaking through on the back. I have decided that it is going to be fine with me to have a bit of this going on. The quilt is just for me, and although it might be entered in a fall fair somewhere down the road (where the judges will tell me to try to make my quilting lines straighter and to improve my thread tension!) it doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be done! That's the goal!

8 comments:

Deb A said...

Great attitude. Looking forward to seeing this completed at the end of the month!

piecefulwendy said...

It's fun to see you finishing project after all it's put you through. I'm adopting your goal for my current project -- It doesn't have to be perfect! It just needs to be done! Amen to that!! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

Janet O. said...

That checking tension with thread color changes catches me up sometimes, too. It is enough of a bother to me to have to keep changing colors (lazy quilter here), let alone having to stop and do a tension test.
You go, girl. I like your attitude. : )

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Judges can be too picky. It's fine.

Nana said...

Quilt is looking great! I have trouble with tension all the time.

Sarah said...

It sounds like you are enjoying the progress so that's all that matters and it's looking great!

Mary said...

Always a good thing to be ahead of your goal. Makes me get antsy to start something new. Lol, I already did. Your quilting is great, you only need to please yourself.

Kate said...

The quilting looks great. It's good to know what your goal is, finished versus perfect. Congrats on being on track for a finish this month.