Thursday, August 11, 2016

IOP Update

So last week I visited with the Indian Orange Peel quilt. I stared at it and tried to get a conversation going, but it was mostly a one way effort. Some quilts are really noisy, but this one was very quiet. I know it's probably my neglect that is resulting in getting the silent treatment. I can make amends for that!
So I asked a new question...

"If I was going to spend some time working on this quilt, and I could pick three things to change to make me like this project more, what would I do?"

I picked 3 problems to work on and put a little red clip by that area as a reminder of the change I want to make.
It's a start!

I also reread the instructions. Do you see the words "practically impossible"? HA! That's exactly how I feel! 
Love these instructions!

11 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Love how you posted the instructions in this post. LOL!

helen said...

Most of the colours sing in harmony except maybe the lower left grouping are a little out of tune. You are almost there with finishing guess you have to keep chipping away. Great job especially since the instruction are so positiveLOL

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It's such a lovely project, though...will be fun to see you tackle it some more :)

Chantal said...

Good luck! I admire your determination on this one. ;^)

Julie in GA said...

Have you thought about keeping the blocks you like, getting rid of the ones that don't work for you, and making a smaller quilt?
I had a set of blocks from a mystery class that my sister and I took together. She loved hers and made a great quilt from them. I was never happy with the way my fabrics worked together, and it frustrated me every time I pulled them out to try again. I ended up giving them all away, and it was a great relief!

beaquilter said...

One of my first FPP quilts I didn't reduce the stitch length so the paper was impossible to rip out- I tossed the whole thing, or maybe I soaked it first and that did NOTHING! anyways, somehow I never finished the quilt and don't remember what happened..... yours looks awesome!! keep at it, do ONE block at a time as a leader and ender and eventually it will be done! (I've done that with another FPP quilt and it became one of my favorite quilts)

Cathy said...

It is stunningly beautiful!!! It may not be talking to you, but it’s yelling at me saying “tell her to finish me!"

Terri said...

It's gorgeous. You did a great job. I want to make one!

I call them rules. I make 3 rules for each quilt. Usually #1 is "no similar blocks together". After that the rules are different for each quilt. (I usually break the rules a couple of times, too.)
Hugs

Janet O. said...

I believe this was your focal project when I started following you. I loved it then and I love it now, but I probably wouldn't love it so much if I was the one making it! : )

Deanna W said...

Ahhh Chompers it is so nice to see you again!!

Kate said...

I've always liked this project. It will be such a triumph if you can deal with it's issues and get it finished. Maybe you should try listening to the theme from Rocky, maybe that will help with the silence?