Monday, August 08, 2016

Design Wall Monday Bow Ties




The sign up for Barb's block swap is coming up soon, and the (self imposed) pressure is on to sew up the blocks from last year's swap. Deadlines are good motivators for me. Here are the bow ties from last year on the design wall.
Next will be a 1" or 2" muslin border followed by a border of mini bow ties.

Here are a few blocks that I have sewn so far and a stack of pieces cut and ready to sew. The block on the bottom left is one of the swap blocks from last year. 
And see those cute little blue scissors and matching tape measure that Julie sent to me for participating in the Log Cabin Lunatics link up? I am putting them to good use!

To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Kathy S. said...

LOVE this set of scraps! I see some Civil War Crossings in there. Great colors.

julieQ said...

Gorgeous bowties! I have a group of 2 inch ones I am working on now!!

gayle said...

Those minis are going to make an adorable border!

Julierose said...

Oh beautiful bow tie quilt--
I like that setting...hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

Good for you, making deadlines work for you, All they do for me is stress me out.
Love the off-center bow tie layout.

Lyndsey said...

The bow tie is a great block and I love that layout

Barb said...

Looks great. Wonderful layout and your color placement looks great too.

Mary said...

Nice setting for your Bowties! I'm glad mine is DONE! It was a fun L/E project. Have fun making the tiny ones for the border.

Kate said...

Very fun bowtie quilt. It's amazing how motivating the next quilt along can be when you need to finish up the last project! Hope it all goes together well.