Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Bow Ties

Don't you just love it when you meet a deadline? Even if it's self-imposed, there is such a sense of satisfaction when you accomplish what you set out to do. And I am delighted that I got my bow ties from last year's block swap sewn into a quilt top so that I could happily sign up for this year's block swap.
And here it is on the design wall... my civil war bow tie quilt top. Thank you to Sharon over at Vroomans Quilts for the inspiration for this layout. I really liked the bow tie quilt layout I saw on Sharon's blog last year using the "barn raising" setting, and having a border of half size blocks across the top and bottom of the quilt.
I like that my layout is slightly off centre, just like me :)
Can't wait to get this basted so I can get going on the hand quilting!

13 comments:

Deb A said...

Congrats on meeting your deadline! Your quilt top is beautiful.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your bow ties!! and that layout is great

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It's gorgeous! Love both the layout and the color scheme : )

Barb said...

love how your quilt turned out!
yay for this years swap -

Amy said...

You make me yearn to sign up for Barb's CW swap. Your quilt top is lovely. But I only have time for one set of blocks, so I picked the solid ones.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This makes me want to pull the shirt box and make another bow tie. It is just wonderful!

Helen said...

Wonderful bowtie arrangement with the half-sizers!

Janet O. said...

It is a wonderful layout! I really like the off-centeredness too, but if I did one it would have to be even more off-centered to represent me.
The smaller bow ties top and bottom are a great effect.

Mary said...

The border makes it even more fun. Hand quilting it is a good idea with all the seams. :)

Teresa Rawson said...

I love your traditional bowtie with a twist in the setting...very fresh. And hats off to you for meeting your deadline. I can't meet a deadline to save my life right now, LOL!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Very cute!

Kate said...

Congrats on making your deadline. It's a gorgeous quilt! It definitely makes for much fewer feelings of guilt if you finish last year's mystery before you start the next year's.

Kaja said...

I love this setting for your bow ties. I'll look forward to seeing it quilted.