Monday, April 18, 2016

Design Wall Monday

The scraps are just flying around here!
I have the letters of the second word constructed for my scrappy quilt. Did you see the first word last week?
And now here's the V O R T E X ...
If you saw my post on Wednesday about the trouble with E, I took out the orange and changed everything to the left of the letter. I am much happier with how it looks today.
The next step is to get the letters to become the same size and get them sewn together in a row. Then I will do a "rowectomy", cutting open the quilt across the middle and will transplant the vortex from the design wall into the quilt. Just call me the quilt surgeon!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

10 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

You are taking the vortex to the next level!

Katie said...

You are having way too much fun. I've noticed that more experienced quilters are becoming "surgeons". You just cut them apart and sew them back up.
I love it. That is true artistry.

Judy D in WA said...

I love the way your mind works! This is going to be so fabulous after the rowectomy! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying reading the comments as much as I enjoy your quilting.
Kathleen Mary
https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Janet O. said...

I had wondered how you would fit in this new word (which is fabulous, BTW). Hadn't thought about slicing the quilt, but I guess with a design such as this it isn't going to be obvious that the quilt had surgery. Good thinking, doctor. : )

Peggyinno said...

These letters came out great! Good luck with the 'surgery'!!

Mary said...

You'll get to add Quilt Doctor to your list of names. It's going to look great!

Kate said...

It's going to be a fun quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I've never really thought about adding words to a big quilt. I've done it on Mug Rugs, but never a full-sized quilt. Good luck, Doctor!! I look forward to seeing the end result when the "patient" is out of recovery.

KaHolly said...

Oh, I missed this post! Glad I scrolled down! I love these letters! Improv letters intimidate me. Can't wait to see it all together! XO