Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Scrap Dance Tango Update

Step 3 for this mystery quilt was posted by Carole last week. I needed to make 88 of these 4 patch blocks for the twin size quilt. I had used up most of the donated HST blocks that my quilt camp friend Gillian donated to this worthy cause, so for this step I had to make most of them myself (not complaining!)... for a total of 176 HSTs. 
It sure used up a lot of small scraps.


Here's a yummy looking plate full of blocks. It probably doesn't taste as good as it looks!
For those who enjoy the math part of quilting, so far I have cut and sewn together 1,144 pieces of fabric for this project.

11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

What luck!! Donated HSTs in the "right" size for your project is such a bonus.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have been busy

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You've been busy!!!!

Needled Mom said...

That's a lot of HSTs, but well worth the time and effort.

Monica said...

These blocks look good just as they are! It's a beautiful range of lights. :D

Janet O. said...

Those are cute little blocks. But if I'd just made that many HST blocks I think I WOULD be complaining! : )

Mary said...

Making the Hst's isn't the hard - part Trimming all those dog ears is. I made some blocks like those for my Pat Sloan BOM last year. I turned them wrong and had to remake them, the background was directional.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

You are making it hard to resist joining in on the sew along--cute blocks!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, you are doing great!! May I share one of your pics on the update?

Patty said...

Love your triangles. I;m doing the queen size,thats a lot of sewing and trimming. So far I;m caught up.Thank you ,I found this quilt a long from one of your posts.Having a lot of fun.I enjoy reading your blog each morning.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Hey Kathy, I added your basket of step three units to our Flickr group.
https://www.flickr.com/groups/scrapdancemystery2015/
Thanks for sharing!