Thursday, March 10, 2016

Grand Guild Visit

More than four years ago I taught a class at the Grand Quilt Guild. It happened to be at a time in my life that was really difficult, and the students that attended that class were so kind and loving, I still think about that day all these years later. And last night I went to the Grand Guild to give my lecture that I call "Answers to Crazy Questions".

It was wonderful to see these quilting friends and enjoy their friendship, and soak up their creative renewing energy once again. It was such great fun for me and the quilters were able to relate to my experience of being asked the standard crazy questions people ask you when they find out you are a quilter. Also, I was reminded by several people that I have been remiss in putting labels on all my quilts, and I promise I will fix that.





Here I am, surrounded by quilts and the energy of creative quilters (and lots of flags, because the meeting is at the legion!)  




Remember this tip from Cheryl Richardson ... 
"No is a complete sentence!"
It's all about honouring your own path and creative interests, and staying true to what fills you up. 
Quilting friends... you fill me up!

8 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Looks like a great presentation. Love that alphabet quilt.

Deanna W said...

We have a lot of crazy questions asked at our guild. Maybe one day you can come and visit us too!!! I know this cute bed and breakfast/lunch/supper place you can stay at!!! haha

Gina Loomis said...

Congratulations on your return for another presentation. The quilting community is awesome! Sew happy you were filled up by their kindness, love and creative energy!

Jeanna said...

That looks like a very large but friendly bunch of quilters. You could start a new blog series "answering crazy questions" :)

allthingzsewn said...

So glad you had a great time, by the smiles on everyone faces they did too.
There's another great memory for you to reflect on.
Blessings

Mary said...

I'd like to know the answers to the Crazy questions. Care to share? I put labels on with the bindings. It's hanging sleeves I forget to put on my bigger quilts.

Janet O. said...

I want to know the crazy questions, too--and then the answers. : )
I like the "no" saying!

Judy D in WA said...

How fun it must have been to be in your audience! I'm a little jealous of these people. ;)
I've found the more I say no, the easier it becomes. Will you mend this? Please!