Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Middle of the mystery



We are in the middle of the Quiltville mystery Allietare and step #3 was released last Friday. It was "no-brainer" easy task this week sewing simple 4 patch blocks from neutral and gold strips. 


This is my work surface. As I cut the strips, I cut the leftover end pieces into 1" strips for Omigosh blocks and am sewing them as leader/enders. They are so cute and I don't have any gold blocks in the collection yet.
As I sew, I have been thinking about how many of my previous Quiltville mysteries are still in UFO status. I reviewed my blogpost from last year's mystery update (click here to read it) and was happy to note that there have been a few changes in the last year.




**Easy Street from 2012 became a finished quilt this fall.










**Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll from 2010 is finally a quilt top ready for quilting. It was on the UFO list this year, and while it made progress to become a quilt top, the quilting didn't get done yet. It will go on the list for 2016.

**Carolina Christmas - half of the blocks are in a finished quilt and remaining blocks were lost in the UFO closet. 
But I found them!


**Grand Illusion - last year's mystery is still a work in progress, but with some concentrated work could easily become a finished quilt top.


Quiltville Mystery Summary:

Total number of Bonnie mysteries completed = 7
Carolina Crossroads, Orange Crush, Carolina Christmas #1, Double Delight, Easy Street, Celtic Solstice, and Orca Bay

Number in UFO status = 3
Carolina Christmas #2, Roll roll cotton boll, and Grand Illusion.

That's a 70% success rate, which is acceptable. It would be fairly easy to get myself a higher rating, and I'm going to work on that in 2016. 



With sewing this mystery, so far I have a 100% success rate at keeping up with the steps! Here's my box of blocks cut and sewn, and ready for the next piece of the puzzle.
To see more step #3 blog posts, hop over to the Allietare link up here.

13 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I made Easy Street (named Joy in the Journey) and it was gifted to a niece/nephew. I started Tobacco Roads but it ended up being a totally different layout known as Dandelion Detour. Instead of making Grand Illusion, I used the color inspirations and made a completely different quilt named Party Hat Optional (Toran by Sujata Shah). Aside from these, I enjoy watching what the rest of you create with the BH mysteries.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful quilts. Love your colors for Grand Illusion. Also loving your colors for Allietare! lovely little bright four patches.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

love your golds and neutrals, and oh my gosh those Omigosh square are adorable!

Frances Meredith said...

It's good to have a review once in a while. Great to see you are on track!

Janet O. said...

I think you have a great track record with Bonnie's mysteries, and IU love how you make them your own.
My track record has been so poor I don't even attempt them anymore. : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You are doing a very good at keeping up with this year's mystery. I find her pieces take time to mature - so relax.

Mary Bolton said...

Keep up better with BH mystery quilts by making them Half sized.

Feathers in my Nest said...

You're too funny with your track records!..My GI is hanging in the basement waiting for me to quilt it, poor thing.
Your quilts are all Beautiful..

Lesley Gilbert said...

I'm following a few bloggers sewing this quilt - I can't wait to see who finishes first. Good luck :) :)

Vireya said...

Congratulations on your finished Easy Street. It looks wonderful!

Stephie said...

Wow Kathy, that's an impressive list - especially considering all the other quilts you've made too. I love, love, love those teeny weeny 9 patches, darn it though, now I want to make some too :D

beaquilter said...

great quilts, I haven't done the first two on your list- too late now ...

Kate said...

That's a pretty good success rate. I'm a bit jealous that you are all caught up. Hopefully I can get that way over the holiday.