Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Allietare Update


Winter finally arrived here last night with a vicious ice storm. It's perfect weather for quilting! 
I had bits of quilting time here and there over the Christmas week and have managed to keep up fairly well with the Quiltville mystery. The last two steps have been interesting sewing, but quite time intensive. Step #4 seemed to take way longer than I had expected. Also, some of the pressing suggestions for step #4 and #5 were counter-intuitive, and I kept forgetting not to press to the dark!


Yesterday I got almost totally caught up. Here is the bin of all the blocks sewn so far, pinned together in groups of 5 or 10. It looks like a hot mess, but hey, it's a quilt under construction! I still have to sew the rectangle units from step #5, but those pieces are already cut out, so I'm sure it won't take long.
To see how other mystery quilt makers are progressing, hop over to the Quiltville link up.

8 comments:

Deanna W said...

I am onto clue 3. You are frightening me with all the work for clue 4,5!I will just plug away on it and be caught up in no time. You got ice storm, we got 8 inches of snow and it is still coming down this morning!

Mary said...

Glad I wasn't the only one with trouble pressing. All the clues have been labor intensive. Either with lots of Cutting, or stitching. We have made a LOT of Tiny pieces. Over 2200 already. Curious for the Longer Rectangle parts. She keeps us guessing this year.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Your UFO quilt is adorable--hope you find some time to work on it and keep up with the mystery!!

Needled Mom said...

Step 4 took me forever too. I'm looking forward to more free time now that Christmas is behind us.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Masterpiece. Some assembly required :)

Lisa said...

That stack looks impressive!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

I was surprised at how long clue four took--when I first read it, it didn't seem that way. Not hard to do--it just took a while! Happy New Year!

Kate said...

You've done a great job of keeping up. Do you think Bonnie will do a reveal tonight?