Monday, November 23, 2015

Design Table Monday


There has been a flurry of activity in my sewing room in order to complete my next Scrap Squad quilt, which will (maybe) be posted on the Quiltmaker blog on Friday. I have been slicing and sewing, and piecing and quilting up a storm in here. There are scraps of fabric everywhere. I wish I had a cleaning fairy to help restore some order. Everything looks organized in this photo, but I'm not showing you what's outside the picture frame!


trying to figure out the partial blocks
I really annoyed myself by following a creative thought, and deciding at the last minute to change the layout. That decision required a big change in the kinds of blocks I needed to make and it also required construction of partial blocks. 
Which meant doing some measurement calculations (not my strong suit). 
And that meant making mistakes. 
Which meant some swearing, followed by recalculations.
Repeat as needed.

It's my own fault, so to whom can I complain when it's totally self inflicted!?! 

No one. 
(Well, I'm kinda complaining to you right now!)

Time for an attitude adjustment!

To see some regular design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

11 comments:

Kaisievic said...

lol! Why do we do it to ourselves? I am sure it will all be beautiful once done!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I tend to change things up to make them more complicated too...love the colours you are using. I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt!

SandraC said...

"Complain" to us anytime.....because you know we'll understand!

Deanna W said...

Quilt math...it is like no other math they taught you in school!!!!

scraphappy said...

Sounds like design inspiration is forcing you to stretch and grow. Not a bad thing. Always frustrating when there is a deadline though. I hope it all works out just as you envision it. Even with more math it will all be worth it in the end.

Mary said...

Nothing like a Deadline to bring out the bad words and changes to the design. I'm sure it will be Beautiful!

Bees Knees Granny said...

Who knows? Maybe your "Plan A" layout would have run into problems also! Plus, you would still be doing all that work, but for a second-best creative idea. This will be worth the angst.
Keep on quiltin'. Cwoosley12@yahoo.com

Churn Dash said...

If you find the cleaning fairy ask her to visit me too!

Helen

Janet O. said...

Very interested to see what you are creating. : )

Julie said...

I love your fabrics for this project and I know what you are making! I can't wait to see the reveal and the changes you made.

Kate said...

I like quilt math, but I'm weird that way. Hope you get it all worked out and finished in time for your deadline.