Thursday, June 18, 2015

UFO Update

Well, the month of June is more than half over, so it's time for the UFO of the month update.
Progress has been made.
I received a squishy envelope in the mail that contained a piece of the blue fabric that I needed to make the last setting triangles across the top of the last two braids. A huge thanks to Helen who sent me exactly what I needed! Quilters are just the best!
So I finished making the last two braids and sewed them together. That was a lot of seam matching, with each one being pinned.



Here are all the rows on the design wall. I really like that column of white squares where the design wall shows through. Too bad I can't sew that into the pattern!
One more seam to go and then I have the bottom and the sides to figure out. 
I'm thinking of using the tried and true "chop 'em off and be done with it" technique!

11 comments:

Kaelyn Angelfoot said...

You could stitch that column in if you were willing to do that many y-seams! The quilt is beautiful, are you trimming the points before or after stitching the seam?

Gina said...

Love how the quilt looks. You could always applique some white squares on after the quilt has been sewn together

Gina said...

Love how the quilt looks. You could always applique some white squares on after the quilt has been sewn together

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

looks great,,,appliqué, lol

scraphappy said...

Hard to believe that the month is already halfway to done. Making great progress so far. Another UFO will soon be crossed off the list.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the braids!

Scrappy quilter said...

It is looking great.

Janet O. said...

Braids are a favorite--and the chop 'em off method gets my vote! : )

Bees Knees Granny said...

Beautiful colors! My vote is split: setting squares below, chop the sides--with perhaps narrow blue side borders, if you have enough blue.

Nell's Quilts said...

Sounds like a plan. Get 'er done!

Mary said...

Easy way is to chop em off and get it DONE! Glad Helen had some Blue to share.