Saturday, June 27, 2015

Scrappy Rainbow Challenge - New Project

So many fantastic rainbow projects are going on this year. Angela is offering a free rainbow pattern, and there are so many weekly link ups showing projects with fun blocks - cows, birds, rabbits, stars, dresdens, cats... an amazing and creative array of ideas. All of a sudden my RSC projects were boring to me. And because I had come down with a serious case of Startitis, you just know I had to start a new Rainbow Scrap project.


I decided to start a scrappy sprouts quilt. 
You can find the free block pattern here.My garden is a total washout this year, so I am going to grow fabric sprouts instead. This is the first block for this project and I have a few ideas of things I might try with future blocks.
I also made 4 blue Alamo Stars to add to the ongoing collection. Hop over to SoScrappy and see what the quilters are sewing with their blue scraps.

16 comments:

Teresa said...

Pretty blocks. I had not seen the sprouts blocks before. A great way to use up some stash and will make an interesting quilt.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

As to your garden it sounds as if you are getting too much rain? I have flowers and tomatoes whose leaves are turning yellow and heavy rain predicted for the day ( again )

Yes you do have startitis, lol...I saw the other new one the other day : )

Quiltdivajulie said...

Totally understand the "start-itis" . . . happy to see your scrappy sprouts!

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Very cute blocks. And I think the startitis is an epidemic in the quilt world!

Nell's Quilts said...

Good things sprouting in your quilt studio.

The Joyful Quilter said...

If you've waited until the END of June to start a new RSC project, you are doing OK in my book!!

carol fun said...

I love that Sprouts pattern....ohhhh... brights and low volumes... would be right up my alley....now I shouldn't start another quilt but then when did that ever stop be before...LOL

quiltedfabricart said...

Nice blocks! Love the color combos

Dasha said...

Such soft, pretty blues in that sprouts block. Not a block I've seen before. Looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Missy Shay said...

That looks like a fun block!

LA Paylor said...

this is why I love the color challenge... all the ideas and different projects being done. I end up wanting to do most of them. Now I want to make your little stars but they look very fiddly.
LeeAnna

The Cozy Quilter said...

Is startitis contagious? Love your sprouting new project!

scraphappy said...

You really do have a case of startitis. Great start to a new quilt. You have really finished off a lot lately. Starting something new only seems fair.

gayle said...

I always love your scrappy little stars. Now I'll also be able to look forward to your sprouts. They're going to make a wonderful quilt!
It makes perfect sense to start another quilt. Though I say that as I'm trying to start only two...

Magpie Sue said...

Looks like you're growing stars! I've branched out from my original RSC plans too. I'm generally pretty good at avoiding new projects but sometimes the fabric fairy leads us down unexpected paths!

Sheila said...

Love your blocks. I have startitis, too. Unfortunately, there is on cure.