Thursday, June 11, 2015

Preparing for Cozy Afternoon

I am getting ready for the big reveal of the first Cozy Afternoon blocks. It is a fun project that starts in the summer, and finishes in the fall. It's a perfect pace for adding in another project that you can actually keep up with!
I like that you can use any technique you prefer or want to experiment with - piecing, applique, or embroidery. Instructions are included for each technique, so you can totally make this your unique quilt.
I am piecing my blocks by machine, and hand stitching the embroidery in the centres. I don't have a light box, so I am hand tracing the stitching pattern on a window. Very low tech! Can you guess what this design will be? 
Cozy Afternoon

Look for the posts to go live on the blog on Monday. I will be showing my first two blocks and there will also be a giveaway from Jacquelynne! This is a free BOM, so I hope you will join us - hop over and sign up.


4 comments:

Jacquelynne Steves said...

I can't wait to see your project Kathy! I'm sure it's going to be great :)

Mary said...

I'm not a Tea drinker so I have to pass on this one. Way too many other projects on my front burner right now. I'll watch your progress and cheer you on. I have used a Window for a Light box before.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Gee, TEAPOT (from the teapot lady). I signed up for this yesterday. Not sure if I'll have time or not, but, we'll see.

Kate said...

Looks like a fun BOM.