Wednesday, June 03, 2015

June's UFO of the Month

For the month of June I am going to make a concerted effort to finish an old scrappy braid project. This was started years ago when a pattern was published in the guild newsletter. This was back in the days when the newsletter was actually printed on paper and mailed to your house. So you just know this project is O L D!

It also is a project that has never been seen on the blog, so here it is - as it is today.
The first thing to do when unearthing an old UFO from the dungeon is to assess why it ended up there in the first place. With this one, I ran out of the dark blue fabric that goes across the top to finish the braids. What to do? 
Well, the plan of the minute is to just add in other blues and keep going! 
I'm sure there are other partially finished braids around here somewhere...
By the end of the month, these braids are going to be a finished quilt! 
I am behind in my 2015 UFO finishes, so I gotta put a big push on! Hop over to see the "Lovely Year of Finishes" June  link up.

15 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point said...

I think I have a few unfinished items that may be that old too--lol! This looks like a fun way to use up some scraps--looking forward to seeing your finish.

AnnieO said...

I should go back to picking one a month too! Most of my projects stall at the quilting stage...

Barb said...

You can do it!!!!!! Will look great!

Quiltdivajulie said...

GO for it . . . it's a scrappy quilt so using scrappy blues just makes sense!

Sheila said...

I agree with Julie. It's a scrap quilt. Use more scrappy blue prints. Looking forward to seeing this one finished. Never tried a braid quilt, but it's on my bucket list.
I'm working through my UFS's again this year, too.

Mary said...

Yep more Blue scrappy Stash to throw in there is the answer. Have Fun with it. I pulled an oldie but a goodie out of the deep UFO pile last night. Then spent way too much time counting and Taking Pics of Blocks to input to my EQ7. With this one you don'e have to worry about duplicating a block.

Julierose said...

Lovely Braid QIP !! I like that pattern--I used it on my oldest Grandson's first quilt as a border..from "Log Cabin Notebook"...good luck on finishing it up in June!! Hugs, Julierose

Diane said...

Scrappy blues would work, or you could just chop it off at the edge of the triangles and make the quilt a little shorter! LOL

Scrappy quilter said...

It's going to very pretty when finished.

Missy Shay said...

That's a good idea to use just any blue. Good luck on finishing it!

scraphappy said...

Good luck with your UFO. Glad you were able to figure out how it got set aside, now on to the finishing.

Teresa said...

Oh my goodness...I have never seen a scrappy braid before and just love it! I made a "French braid" quilts several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the process...I think a scrappy on maybe in my future :)

Jeanne said...

I'm confident you will be successful in finishing your braid quilt! Looking forward to seeing it done.

Kate said...

Sounds like you have plan for this one. Even if you haven't met your goals, finishing up any UFO is a good step.

Sandy Panagos said...

It's good to have a plan and good to finish a UFO. Good luck with it.