Monday, June 08, 2015

Design Wall Monday

The scrappy braids are on the design wall today. This is my UFO project for June and I'm pretty sure it's doable. I'm joining the next two rows to sew them together. I am pinning every single place where the seams match, because it's very noticeable (to me) when they don't meet exactly. I've already done some unsewing.
Since it's been on the design wall, I have noticed that the bottom of the braids are uneven. I don't know what I'm doing about that yet. But I do know that a blog reader generously offered to send me some fabric to match the blue at the top of the braids - thank you Helen!
To see more design walls, hop over to Patchwork Times.

9 comments:

Meloney said...

It will be wonderful when done. Lovely.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I zoomed in and couldn't find any mis-matches - it's looking good to me - hope you get your UFO finished for June :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those colors are great - i'll be looking to see what you do ( my simple mind says use a straight edge- I bet you come up with something better)

Ramona said...

I love braid quilts. Yours is going to be lovely.

straythreads said...

love the scrappiness of it!

Lori said...

I love the braids but especially like the Mother Teresa quote in a previous post.

Mary said...

How nice someone is sending you more Blue. Have fun finishing this on this month.

Rose Marie said...

What a lovely, scrappy quilt! A perfect choice for June.

Kate said...

You are moving right along. Your chains are looking good.