Thursday, February 26, 2015

Quilt Guild Challenge

For our quilt show this year, my quilt guild is having a challenge. We received kits with two Fat Quarters (which you can see here) which must be visible in the quilt, and the theme is "Nightscape". I really enjoy participating in a challenge, and since the guild has hosted a quilt show, I have never missed a challenge. So fun!
I plan to make a mini quilt and a small wallhanging, if I have time before the deadline, which is less than 2 weeks away. I have been thinking, and cutting fabrics, and sewing blocks, and getting closer to possibly sewing together a quilt top that resembles (even slightly) my vision.
The HST blocks have been  on my white featherweight machine which is such a dream to sew on. We shall see how pieces come together over the next two weeks. One thing is for sure - quilting life is never dull!

12 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've only done one challenge with my large guild. I did the 2 color challenge this month, and, partly because I also used the same project as the next sample for the next table runner for my church (I'm teaching it). Maybe one of these days, I'll do another. I do block challenges with my little guild, but, we don't have to finish, just make a block. That is easy.

Lesley said...

Looks like a fun challenge. Love seeing your FW...it looks happy surrounded by fabric!

Deanna W said...

Love challenges! Can't wait to see what you do. When is the quilt show?

Mary said...

I love a Challenge too. I have done a few for my local Quilt Show. Based on the Theme. I got to choose my own fabric. I liked that. Can't go wrong with HST's. I'll be watching.

Needled Mom said...

That should be a fun project.

Janet O. said...

Two weeks and you are making a mini and a wall hanging? I obviously don't know how to budget my time. : )
Your tease has me curious. Can't wait to catch a glimpse of your "vision".

Jeanna said...

Interesting, I love the fabrics so I look forward to seeing what you create. Two weeks, wow!

Scrappy quilter said...

Can't wait to see how this turns out. Love your featherweight.

Lisa J. said...

Good luck Kathy. I'm working on mine too.

Kate said...

Looks like you have a plan. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Stephie said...

A great theme, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. And just look at your fabulous machine! Ooooh I neeeeeed to do some collecting!

Stephie said...

A great theme, I look forward to seeing what you come up with. And just look at your fabulous machine! Ooooh I neeeeeed to do some collecting!