Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Hugs and Kisses


My mini Hugs and Kisses quilt top is making progress. Here is my layout without the outside setting triangles.

I was happy to find just enough fabric for the inside squares. That fabric was already a bias binding on two previous valentine's projects (here and here), and I'm using up the last bit of it in this quilt.

I am motivated to finish this quilt for a gift, and I would really like to hand quilt it. So I was rushing yesterday to sew my basket test block AND get this quilt top sewn together. The basket block went together perfectly.

In my hurry to get this sewn together, somehow between the layout stage and the sewing stage, something happened. The hugs got sewn together, the kisses got sewn together, and a corner triangle was hanging down. 
How on earth...???
The rest of my sewing time was spent unsewing.
Maybe tomorrow this will be a finished quilt top?

16 comments:

Amy said...

I like how you made your hugs red and kisses pink. (Or is it the other way around?) I mixed mine up and haven't had time to figure out the order. Your setting square fabric is perfect - not too light and not too dark. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Amy said...

I like how you made your hugs red and kisses pink. (Or is it the other way around?) I mixed mine up and haven't had time to figure out the order. Your setting square fabric is perfect - not too light and not too dark. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Deb A said...

So glad I am not the only one who somehow changes things between the floor and the sewing machine. Happy unstitching.

Carol Swift said...

I'm laughing with you, not at you...LOL! I seem to use my seam ripper way more than I care to admit. I love the style of this hugs and kisses and I'm sure it will be even more beautiful when it's finished!

Deanna W said...

The faster you go the behinder you get!!! Wise old saying! Hope you have a better sewing day today!!

Needled Mom said...

It looks so pretty even with the boo boo.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So pretty! Isn't is amazing when you are just cruising along and all of a sudden it's WHAaaaaaaat! I do this all too often.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Just when we think we know what we are doing, something like the at happens to burst the bubble! It's going to be adorable!

Nell's Quilts said...

It's all good. It can all be fixed. All you need is time! Great little quilt. Mine's still in the works. Hope to have a finish for Saturday.

audrey said...

It's always a puzzle how things like this happen! I think we must quilt on autopilot sometimes.:)

Mary said...

I hate when that happens. Rip-it time is quick on the outside corner. Such a cute little V-day project.

Lesley said...

So pretty! Love your fabrics!

Kate said...

Some days you just wonder about where your head was. Hopefully it was a pretty quick unsewing session.

Scrappy quilter said...

I too hate when that happens. I just know though it's all going to work out. I look forward to seeing the finished top.

Missy Shay said...

I love your blocks!

Janet O. said...

Sometimes we just get a little too sure of ourselves, don't we? Maddening to discover how awry things have gone.
It will be very cute when you have sorted it all out. : )