Wednesday, January 21, 2015

First Finish of 2015



It's a small quilt, but it's a finished quilt! The photo is a little off kilter, but so am I!

This is the Quiltbug New Year's Day mystery called "A New Beginning".  You can see more photos of this pattern here






I used up three small pieces of batting for this quilt, which were joined together with the Heat Press tape. So quick and easy.
This project was a fun way to start off the year and get back into some machine quilting. I used my free motion foot and quilted some arc shapes, making as few stop/starts as possible.

Quiltbug is offering a Super Bowl Sunday mystery too. It is called Neighbourhood Garden Mystery and the link to the fabric requirements are here.
Are you in?!?! 

12 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. I really like the quilting on it too.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So pretty....love the colors!

Janet O. said...

Such a pretty little quilt--nice quilting, too.
No mysteries for me, no way, no how (trying to convince myself). : )

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on your first finish of the year!

audrey said...

Big congrats on your first finish! It's a good one.:)

Kevin the Quilter said...

I LOVE knowing I am not the only one off kilter! This little quilt is so happy! I love it!

Deanna W said...

The second pic almost looks like a different quilt. Love your quilting on it! I am going to try arcs on a baby quilt I am working on...will let you know how that goes!!

Lesley said...

Gorgeous quilt! What a great way to embrace the new year!

Jeanna said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish Kathy. Your quilting is perfect for this design.

Chantal said...

Congratulations Kathy! It is lovely. I took all the info down on Jan 1 or 2 (can't remember now) to make the table runner and I haven't started it yet so I think I will pass on the next mystery. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Kate said...

Congrats on the first finish, it turned out beautifully.

Mary said...

My starts are already too many this year. Gotta say NO to another Mystery. Glad to see you are getting it done and finishing your Projects.