Monday, December 15, 2014

Annual Decorating of the Design Wall

I seem to have developed a tradition of putting up the same Grinch quilt every December. I move blocks around and sew on it a bit, get overwhelmed with Christmas preparations, and then put the quilt parts away again for another year.
I bought the fabric at Keepsake Quilting while on the way to Quilt Festival in Vermont in June of 2011. The blocks appeared in a design wall post in 2011,  and in 2012. Last year I forgot about it altogether, and had to go in search of it this year.
Here it is again! I'm back to favouring the white sashing with some red and green 4 patch cornerstones.

Hello Mr. Grinch!
Is this the year you become a finished quilt?!?!
Or are you still an annual Christmas decoration for the design wall?
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

19 comments:

Ellen said...

They really are cute blocks!

Terry said...

YES!! Finish it! :0)

Mary said...

a Grinch today huh, Not your Mystery? Hope you get it done. Cheering you on for a great Finish to the 2014 year.

Kate said...

Very fun blocks. Hopefully you can get them done before the holiday prep gets to be too consuming.

The Cozy Quilter said...

If you don't have time to finish the grinchy top before Christmas, you could always do it after! It would be nice to have it out as a decoration in your house next year instead of on the wall....it is a very fun quilt!

Karen said...

I like the idea of decorating the design board with something holiday themed.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

The Grinch is such a classic so when ever he becomes a quilt he will be loved.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love how you have put it on your design wall. I probably wouldn't finish it but keep it has a annual wall.

Janet O. said...

I do remember this! Such a fun Christmas quilt...or quilt-to-be. : )

Judy D in WA said...

Cute, cute! I love it on your wall. You should display it there for the month, put it away to finish in July. :)
Love the sashing fabric. I think it's perfect!

Nell's Quilts said...

Kathy, you've got to get this one finished. It's just too great to be a design wall feature on an annual basis although he does bring Christmas into that space.

Ramona said...

Well, the quilting room should be decorated, too! They are such cute blocks. And the sashing is great!

Jean said...

We all have our traditions! :~)

Terri in BC said...

this post needs a Like button - I think I'll pull out my Grinch fabric and do the same thing!

Vireya said...

Gives a new meaning to the concept of a Christmas tradition. Just bring it out every year because it is fun and colourful!

Missy Shay said...

I like the white also! There is no reason you can't work on it after Christmas!

Deanna W said...

I think you should wait one more year...5 year plan!! How can you get anything done...I am having troubles getting time to do the GI mystery...still on clue 2!!!

margaret said...

this looks a real fun quilt and if not completed for this Christmas please have it done for Xmas 2015 for us all to see and enjoy

Daytona Damsel said...

The blocks are so cute. I hope you finish this year. Please share if you do.
Debbie