Thursday, September 18, 2014

Startitis

I must admit to having picked up a raging case of Startitis.
All I seem to be doing this week is starting new projects.
Today's new project is a mystery quilt by Bea of BeaQuilter and it is being hosted by Island Batiks. It's a small quilt (36" square) and it will use up batiks in my stash - which means it's a free quilt, right?!? Who can resist?!?

Here are some batiks I bought at Quilt Canada in June... hey, who picked out all that pink!?!?
There is not enough contrast at all in this grouping. 
Oh well, I have to go shopping for my new "stash project"!


10 comments:

julieQ said...

Me too! Lots of cutting and planning here!

Janet O. said...

"have to go shopping for my new stash project"--how funny you are! *LOL*

Karen said...

Though I find Batiks pretty and interesting, I never use them. I am sure what you create with your free fabric (LOL!) will be very good.

Ellen said...

So funny! That does happen all the time to me but I have been really trying to shop my stash.

Cathy said...

I am hoping to end the year with that startitis disease in remission. Although, I must confess to having been looking though pattern books lately, and it's getting harder and harder to resist.

ES said...

Batiks are just so gorgeous!

Mary said...

LOL, I am taking meds (Chocolate) to keep from getting it this time!
Way too many NewFo's in my Quilting Zone.

Chantal said...

You definitively are in a creating mode. Creating happens at the beginning of a project not the end. So go and be creative. After all what is one more baby? LOL

margaret said...

I am going the opposite way no startitis for me it is finishes I am determined to work on. £ quilts need quilting and the 4th is at the binding stage having quilted it all by hand such sore fingers!

Kate said...

You had a few finishes recently, so you should be able to enjoy a few days of startitis.