Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Shop Hop Report

From the wonderful Kelly Rae Roberts

My friend Louise and I had a great time at the Goose on the Loose Shop Hop last week. We went to 6 quilt stores in one day and we were exhausted by the end of the day. What a great problem to have - too much great conversation, too much creative stimulation, and too much fun! It was so wonderful to be with an old (as in long time friend, not as in elderly!) friend who really "sees" and understands me, and who enjoys my company as much as I enjoy hers.  



These are my purchases from the shop hop ... clothesline to make more fabric bowls, the 60 degree triangle packs (which were the shop hop special and is my newest UFO!), a frixion pen, a bit of thread (quilter's candy) and the border/backing/binding fabric to finish my UFO of the month.

From Quiltville


What a great day!
We laughed a lot about how much I still love my old "fliposaurus" phone, and continue to resist entering the new millennium of "smart" phones. We feel privileged to have shared a  friendship for almost 25 years without needing Facebook, or Twitter, or any other way of being pseudo-connected through virtual reality. We just meet together face to face in real life whenever we can, and we connect on a heart and quilting level. Aren't quilting friends just the best?!?

11 comments:

audrey said...

Wow! For 6 stores, you didn't haul much home.:) Sounds like a really great day!

Joanne said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Chrissy showed us those triangle packs when we were in Markdale about a month ago. Would have loved to do the Shop Hop but it wasn't in the cards this year. Joanne

Deanna W said...

You are very restrained in your buying for 6 stores. I applaud you!!! Yes quilty friends are the best. I wish I could get to see mine more often but life and jobs get in the way.I am heading to my fav quilting store tomorrow for a big sale..hope I can be as restrained as you were.

Created by Kathi said...

I love your photos today.. the one by Kelly is sooo cool! Do you own that print? Thanks for sharing and happy you did have fun and not drop the bank while shopping :) Kathi

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Yes, you had a short haul for 6 shops, but it all looks fun. Love the last print!

canuckquilter said...

Aww gee, I have a fliposaurus too! Sounds like you had a wonderful day with your friend.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that triangle package - looking forward to see what you make from it.

Kate said...

Sounds like a very successful shop hop. Looking forward to seeing your newest project.

Mary said...

A shop Hop is always more fun with a friend! Grant finds. Pretty Threads!

margaret said...

what a lovely way to spend a day see you were very good regarding purchases as well, suppose you were too busy nattering!

Rebecca in AK said...

It sounds like you two had a wonderful day together!! My husband has a 'fliposaurus' phone and still loves it.