Saturday, May 31, 2014

Scrappy Saturday

It's the last week of sewing up the green scraps over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
I made a Palm Branch block using some  dark green scraps (since I had already sewn a bright green block). This free paper pieced pattern is from Quiet Play and is still available if you want to give it a try. 

That brings the grand total of Palm Branch blocks to 12!

I do enjoy having a paper pieced scrap project to work on every month, so I think I'll keep going with more of these.



I also sewed a bunch of green spool blocks as leader/enders. What a wide  variety of greens! 







Then I joined four spool blocks together in similar greens to make a 6" block. 
I just love the variety of backgrounds too! 

To see what other quilt bloggers are sewing with green scraps this week, hop over to SoScrappy.

17 comments:

Deb A said...

Love the darker/sage green addition this month. Lots of pretty greens got sewn this month in your sewing area. Hope your son is feeling better.

Angie said...

So nice seeing all the palm fronds together - what a wonderful rainbow project!

Dasha said...

All the blocks are looking pretty. The palm leaf blocks are very striking. Great block!

Monica said...

Wow, Kathy, I absolutely LOVE those palm branch blocks! What a fantastic pattern, thank you for the link.

It was a great idea to use them for your rainbow challenge, too. You've been so productive!

Kate said...

Lots of pretty scrap blocks. Your palm leaves are going to make a stunning quilt.

Chantal said...

Your Palm Branch quilt is coming along very well. They looks so good all together. It will be quite a unique quilt I think. Great work.

Lesley said...

Wow....lots of gorgeous blocks here!

AnnieO said...

Love all those yummy greens added to your rainbow!

Janet O. said...

You do more with this rainbow scrap challenge than anyone else I read!

Nell's Quilts said...

The palm branches are really coming along. They look great. Wish I really enjoyed paper piecing. Good idea putting the spools together into blocks.

scraphappy said...

Green is one of those colors with so many variants. Your palm blocks looks so great as a collection.

scraphappy said...

Green is one of those colors with so many variants. Your palm blocks looks so great as a collection.

Teresa in Music City said...

You really had fun with the Greens this month, didn't you? I'm really drooling over your Palm Branch blocks :)

margaret said...

what a lovely selection of greens, green is top of my colour list, can never have too many greens

Dar said...

WOW, you were really busy this month with all of your green blocks. Those palm leaves are so striking. Thanks for the link to the free pattern.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love that combo shot of the multi color palm branches --

Your spools are also wonderful.

Cathy Tomm said...

Lots of great green blocks. I should try your idea of sewing my spools into 4's. I have a draw full of spool blocks. Not sure what I want to do with them yet.