Monday, May 26, 2014

Design Wall Monday - New Project!


On my design wall today is a new project... woohoo!


These are triangles that were the Shop Hop project from Goose on the Loose. I just started working on this quilt and was finding the design process a little overwhelming, especially since the whole quilt will not fit on my design wall. 




So I made two decisions to give me some direction to get started...
1) I decided to work with only one package of triangles at a time instead of tackling the whole quilt design and 
2) I decided to try to make tumbling blocks appear in the star centers. 
So far so good. I am just starting to do some sewing of the triangles and it's not terrible, but also not a lot of fun yet!
To see more design wall postings, hop over to Patchwork Times.

15 comments:

scraphappy said...

Wow, that is a lot of triangles! One part at a time sounds like a great plan. There is always some part of the quilt process that feels like work, but hopefully the joy will come when you start to see the design emerge.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love the tumbling block effect! Good idea to work with this in small parts rather than the whole.

Jackie J said...

It's looking good already, can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Judy D in WA said...

This is going to be a fun one! I can't wait to see more.

Kathie said...

Looks beautiful but definitely not easy to do.

Kate said...

Ooooh, pretty! Looking forward to seeing more of these blocks.

Quilting Nonnie said...

That is terrific! I love the tumbling blocks in the center. Good luck with this quilt; I'll love seeing your progress.

Mary said...

Good Way to set the Pre-cuts into STARS. I love Stars!!! They are going to Twinkle!!!

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca in AK said...

I really love the Tumbling Block in the center of the stars! I also wish I had a larger design wall. I think it is going to be a beautiful quilt!

Ellen said...

Very nice...I really like the idea of placing the fabric to make the tumbling block in the center.

Chantal said...

I love that new star. Never seen it before. Could it be an original design. Maybe you should think of a name for it.

Janet O. said...

Cool idea. Love how you are getting the Tumbling Blocks look without set in seams! : )

Bonnie said...

You have succeeded fabulously with the tumbling block in the centers. Taking this project slow and easy will make it more fun, less work. I'm going to enjoy seeing this one evolve.

margaret said...

what a great name goose on the loose, looks complicated to me very nice.