Sunday, February 23, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching

Photo from Handi Quilter
It's Sunday again... time to sit down with a cup of tea or coffee, and enjoy some relaxing stitching. This week as I stitch, I will be thinking about the wonderful friends I have made through my quilting adventures, and the great time we had at quilt camp last week. I can't tell you much about it because the rule is "what happens at quilt camp, stays at quilt camp"! 
But I can say that I feel very blessed to have these wise women in my life and to be able to laugh with them and learn from them - about quilting and about life in general. I enjoyed their company and was very sad when it was time to come home. 
While at quilt camp I enjoyed some hand stitching and finished the scrappy binding on my Civil War quilt which I posted about on friday. 






And I added a few more stitches to my Journey of a Quilter project. I am so close to finishing this quilt, it's getting harder to stay away from it. I am debating about the border quilting design as I finish this last block. So exciting!

The linkytools website is having issues but as soon as they are up and running again, I will post the Slow Sunday Stitching linky party. Until then, go ahead and put a few more stitches in your project!

**UPDATE**
The linky tools are fixed and we can get this party started!




15 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Looks like you had a productive time at quilt camp! I've longed to be able to attend a quilting retreat, and yesterday's bloggy rabbit trail led me to a quilt shop that offers a retreat and other group events. Hope linkytools gets its issues resolved before I forget to come back and link up! And now I'm off to go sit down, watch the gold medal hockey game and slow stitch!! Thanks for hosting this party.

CATHY DANIEL said...

Quilt camp sounds like fun! And you obviously did some lovely gorgeous work there too. Have a nice week! xCathy

Deb A said...

Some day I hope to attend a quilt camp or retreat. Until then, I have blog land. I hope to finally finish up the binding on Easy Street tonight and work on a few more peels here and there during the day. 15 to go I think!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

A quilt retreat sounds wonderful, but I must say I have enjoyed being part of Slow Stitching Sundays. I am going to finish stitching down the backing on Floribunda. The ruffle was a lot more work than binding but I am glad I did it, it really was a nice finish to my little quilt.

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the retreat. Enjoy your slow stitching time today.

Teresa in Music City said...

So glad you had a great time at retreat! I'll be heading off to Mountain Quiltfest in about a month and I'm already so excited! Happy slow stitching today my friend :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I saw the Civil War quilt the other day...wonderful! :)

I'll check later to see if the link is up / meanwhile I may be doing less stitching than I planned as via a text message from my son recently I may have a houseful of munchkins here later :)

Denise :) said...

Kathy, I understand exactly what you mean -- I had the pleasure of spending the latter half of the week with a group of women who love and laugh and quilt like the dickens! It was marvelous! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

quilt camp sounds like a fun place to be :)

Jill said...

Binding on your beautiful Civil War quilt makes it complete. It is awesome. Uh....it doesn't appear that you are relaxing with coffee or tea in one of your photos. Lol!

Barb said...

Sounds like you had a fun fun time!!

Turid said...

I love the scrappy binding on you quilt. I'm not good at that, but may be I should try?

Debra said...

Looks like a great time that was productive too. But those relationships and spending time together is so much more than what gets done. Glad you had a great time. (having trouble with blogger today - so I may not have a post to link up! :-( )

Cindy Nielsen said...

Love your Slow Stitching today. I hope the linky thing works out today. Thanks for the party.

Ivani said...

It seems you have a great and fun time with your quilting friends at Quilt Camp. Today I am cross stitching during my Slow Sunday Stitching. Hugs