Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Yin-Yang

Life is mostly Yin and Yang here.
Yin - There hasn't been a lot of sewing going on this week since I have been with my brother most of the time. He has finally started chemotherapy and we are sure hoping and praying for some good results.  I am putting a lot of mileage on my car and am so happy that so far I haven't been in a car crash. The traffic has been brutal getting back and forth to hospital appointments.


Ugh...just look at the traffic and the smog.
I hate the city :(



Back of mug mat

Yang - I did manage to finish up two mug mat kits that I won in a draw over at the Feathered Nest Studio
Front of mug mat
I added a bit of my favorite fabric and made two nice sized mats. I just used the pillowcase method of turning them inside out and stitching around the edge to finish.





Front of mug mat


I enjoyed some very restful time in my backyard to do a little photo shoot with some of my flowers.

This is my favorite mug mat!




Back of mug mat



Just as I was taking this photo, the sun peaked through...ahhhh summer is finally here!
Thanks so much to Jennet...it was a quick and fun project. I look forward to gifting these mug mats to colleagues I worked with last year.

And now, back to the Yin!

11 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I hope the chemo works wonders for your brother. I hate the cities too!

Lesley said...

The city looks too big for me! Hope your brother does really well...i'm sure he is in the best of hands!

Teresa in Music City said...

Praying with you for good results!!! Love your little mats - they are adorable, just the thing to lift your spirits without taking huge chunks of time :*)

Janet O. said...

Nice to have pretty little projects like that when life is stressful. I'll keep your brother in my prayers.

Cathy said...

Every time we have to go any where near that city, we always wonder how people who have to commute in it all the time do it. I hope your brother gets well, and that the chemo helps.

libbyquilter said...

the city does look hectic and it sounds as though there is much for you to feel stressed over. my thoughts are with you and your brother as he begins his healing journey.

the mug mats are fun and nothing soothes like a needle and thread in hand.

:-)
libbyQ

Dresden Quilter said...

I hope your brother will be helped. The mug rugs are very cute.

Deanna W said...

Having you there with him is good medicine I am sure. That city never looks welcoming...hate it!Sending positive thoughts your way!

Sheila said...

I like your mug rugs. I like the turn you used instead of binding. They lay flat. Not a bad idea.
I will be thinking about you and your brother, dear. Hope he does well.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I'll be thinking about you and your brother... ((hugs))

I know how hard the driving in Toronto can be...I use to have to negotiate it when I used to travel from Montreal to Hamilton to visit my Mom.

Kate said...

Hope your brother responds well to the chemo. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Very pretty mug rugs!