Saturday, June 29, 2013

Scrappy Saturday and another quilt along



It's the last yellow Saturday for the Rainbow Scrappers
It has been a very busy month for me, but I've managed to use up a lot of yellow scraps. I finished my Carrie Nation blocks and a bunch of spools. I also finished these 12 pretty Alamo stars.
Today I hope to do some yellow cutting - not scraps exactly, but am turning fat quarters into parts for Swoon blocks. The colours I picked for my blocks are yellow or gold, gray, black and white. I made my first block last year, and you can see how large these blocks are compared to my Alamo star blocks :) I hadn't made any progress on my Swoon blocks since last year, except in terms of fabric collecting. But I recently found a Swoonalong to help motivate me to get these blocks underway (thanks to Andee for the info!)
These are the star burst combinations I am going to make.  The backgrounds for each block will be a different black on white print.
To see what other yellow projects are being sewn today, hop over to SoScrappy.

12 comments:

make.share.give said...

Now I wanna Swoonalong. Your block is really pretty.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Have fun swooning! ,y swoon is finally at the long armer's and should be done soon. I like the colours you are using.

Katie Z. said...

I love the colors you chose for your Alamo stars!

Janet O. said...

Before reading your post I looked at the photos and thought you were incorporating a tiny Alamo Star into the center of your swoon blocks. : ) Looked good to me!

Edith said...

The Alamo stars are very nice with the greens and blues and I love the yellow with black, grey and white.

Angie said...

More lovely Alamo Stars - they're going to make a terrific quilt! And I really like the color choices for your Swoon block - can't wait to see more!

scraphappy said...

What a fun new pattern! I have seen the Swoon blocks, and knew they were huge, but didn't really understand the scale until I saw it with the Alamo Star. What a difference!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great Alamo stars. You are going to have a great quilt with that those blocks.

Kate said...

Love your color choice for the Swoon blocks!

Bonnie said...

Nice swoon block. It will be great when done.

Cathy said...

I love all the Swoon blocks I've been seeing in blog land lately. Love your colors.

Sheila said...

I love your sweet Alamo Stars. Swoons, too. Sounds like your are ready for a new month and a new color.