Sunday, May 13, 2012

Scrappy Rainbow Challenge - Yellow

This is my first posting for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month. I have three goals for the yellow month, but haven't accomplished much in the first half of the month!
*Goal #1) Sew yellow Knot block. I have most of the pieces cut for it (you can see my first three blocks on this post) but am short a couple of squares (the block needs 56!). I hope to get the block sewn up this week.

*Goal #2) Baste and hand quilt this project from last year's yellow month. I have the backing and batting all ready to go, and some cute little embellishments to add.


*Goal #3) Sew some yellow crumb blocks, just like these. I love sewing those blocks and have enough scraps to make a few, just need the time!
Hope your mother's day involves a little sewing time! Happy Mother's Day! 

8 comments:

soscrappy said...

Love th knot block! So many tiny yellow squares! So glad you found some time to sew today.

AnnieO said...

Happy yellows to play with ! Enjoy :)

Cathy Tomm said...

You have a great start to your yellow. I will look out for the yellow quilt to see the finish.

Ellen said...

Looks like great beginnings for your yellow knot block. Hopefully, you have found more time to sew. I love the pattern you used last year.

Elly D said...

That's a lot of squares to cut and sew for one block, but it will be fabulous when you've done it :) So many pretty yellow fabrics. LOVE the project from last year. Did you ever decide which way was up? LOL... Elly

Elly D said...

That's a lot of squares to cut and sew for one block, but it will be fabulous when you've done it :) So many pretty yellow fabrics. LOVE the project from last year. Did you ever decide which way was up? LOL... Elly

Janet O. said...

Lots of yellow going on around your place, Kathy. Very happy projects! : )

Andee said...

I like the knot blocks! I have to add these to my someday list!