Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hamilton Quilters Guild

Last night I was the speaker at the Hamilton Quilters Guild meeting. Here is the group of ladies waiting to see my quilts.  It was a wonderful evening that followed an absolutely exhausting week. I was so tired driving there and so energized coming home. I don't think I have ever had such an attentive and appreciative audience as this group of ladies. Their feedback and comments were so touching and supportive that they almost made me cry!
Here are some of the quilters looking at my quilts after the trunk show.
A big thank you to Sue for inviting me and being so warm and friendly. She even gave me a gift...how fun is that?!?
I got a recipe book that I can't wait to try out, some thread and some fabric...
now that's a perfect evening for a quilter!

10 comments:

Janet O. said...

I would love to see one of your presentations! (I bet you have them laughing in no time! You seem to have a good sense of humor.) You do such good work and are so prolific!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,

So glad to hear you had a quilting experience after all the hospital visiting. You will feel much better and be able to face the next steps with your brother. Will keep you and him in my prayers.
Always enjoy your blog.
Dianne

Sally Ann said...

So happy to hear that you gave such a awesome presentation to the very attentive ladies. Your display of quilts looks just wonderful! I also would love to hear one of your talks. Definately on my to do list! Hope your brother continues to improve.

Heather said...

I count myself lucky, I have attend two of Kathy's presentations and one of her classes on mini quilts. right place at the right times.

scraphappy said...

What a wonderful collection of quilts you had to show off. It looks like you have a huge and attentive audience appreciating you work. Enjoy!

Jean said...

Wow that is a crowd...I would be a little nervous about talking in front of that many people! I'm glad it went well!

Karen said...

That was a large group of women. I am happy for you that all went well with your presentation. I think we all love to see quilts.

The Cozy Quilter said...

We had our guild meeting tonight and several people brought in completed mini quilts from your workshop. the quilt show in Shedden is this weekend. I will take a pic of the IOP quilt that is completed so you can see it and be inspired. Glad to hear your trunk show went well in Hamilton. take care. gail

antique quilter said...

who wouldn't want to see your quilts!
Glad you had fun and I know everyone enjoyed your presentation everyone loves looking at quilts!
Kathie

Sew Create It - Jane said...

My mom lives in Hamilton (born and bred there) so I know the folks there are super sweet! Looks like an attentive bunch... :o)